• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Dynoed the 740 wagon this weekend plus some pics...

jay f.

I"ll scan the graph this week and post it, but i got 190 hp and 223 ft-lb torque. This is dan's (boxdriver2) old 1991 black wagon. I have it running 11-12 psi right now. It was 68 degrees out also. The wagon thanked me after the dyno run by gushing out coolant, yes seems the water pump went. Luckily i was able to drive to a local volvo mechanic and the car didnt over heat.

I also includes some pics below of the volvo. I still have the se side skirts to mount but it does have the se front bumper. Also have the 15x7 ARE's that i just had polished and refinished. Had the centers powder coated a light gunmetal color. I also bought a stock rear spoiler that will be going on soon. Sorry about the lame cell phone pictures, i'll do better next time :)

PIC-0007.jpg

PIC-0014.jpg

PIC-0018.jpg

PIC-0015.jpg

And the car the volvo replaced haha.... Drag radials + very heavy Florida summer thunder storm + ****ty roads + 440 rwhp= this

cobra_crunch.jpg

cobra_crunch_2.jpg

Last edited:
The torque don't look bad .is that actually whp?? . Which dyno in tampa did you used? I went to xat the other day but they moved. I thought I was the only bricker in tampa

The torque don't look bad . Which dyno in tampa did you used? I went to xat the other day but they moved. I thought I was the only bricker in tampa

Ha thats where i went. And i too went to the old shop. They moved up to Hillsborough ave right past 275.

whoa. you replaced a Cobra with a Volvo! Awesome. I woulda thought someone that had a Cobra would get an Evo or somthing of the likes. Cool and unexpected replacment choice.

Ha thats where i went. And i too went to the old shop. They moved up to Hillsborough ave right past 275.

Tampa meet over Christmas? I'll be down there at my brother's in Tampa, he lives very close to Hillsborough Ave and 275.....

is that crank or whp? When i drove that car it felt like it made more than 190 crank

If its a dyno number theres a 99% chance its RWHP not crank... unless he had the engine out of the car :-P

I could be wrong but I think its safe to assume 190 wheel.....

only 20hp more then me and i am running teh m cam, t25, and stock ic....

there should be plenty of more hp in that car....

If its a dyno number theres a 99% chance its RWHP not crank... unless he had the engine out of the car :-P

I could be wrong but I think its safe to assume 190 wheel.....

only 20hp more then me and i am running teh m cam, t25, and stock ic....

there should be plenty of more hp in that car....

I can't stand the m cam in the +t and m46. car has no top end at all and car revs to quick with automatic rear end and the m46. Need ipd or v15,16 cam

Did they tell you that they have seen another volvo there before? One of the tuner was joking about my car but in a good way. I'm going again but when I get the chip and do also a nitrous tune too

Just curious how is the driveability of the 265 tranny. Some say the gearing is bad, but it felt good in a e30 m3 with a 4.10

To me it feels like first gear needs to be shorter. That or i need more power :). 2nd gear is nice and i find 3rd gear very nice.

scuh-rew the wagon for a moment and tell us the interesting looking story of the sn95.

190 is a decent number regardless.

Ha not too much to tell really. I never drove it int he rain. It only came out on fridays if it was nice and weekends. 4th of july weekend i decided to drive it to siesta key which is a beach in sarasota about an hour south of me. About half way there it started to rain pretty bad but i was already half the way so i decided to keep going. I actually made it throught the really heavy rain fine. With like maybe 10 miles left to go i was driving and the back end just slid out. The car spun around twice i then rolled backwards going out about 45 mph, through a u-turn opening in the median, into on coming traffic. That was the longest 5 seconds of my life ha. Some kid in a toyota sienna van clipped the back rear corner as you can see. I really did nothing wrong other than driving in the rain. I had some nitto drag radials in the back which probably werent the best tires for rain but they did very well earlier in the heavier rain. i belive i probably hit a patch of oil or something and this was the first time it had rained hard in a few weeks so i'm sure the roads were nicely built up with muck...it was a crappy ass road too.

Back