• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Spring Volvo meet in Austin 4/08/17

Dan

I'm now Lt Dan
Saturday, April 8 at 12 PM - 4 PM
407 Radam Ln, Austin, TX 78745
Meet up at (512) Brewing Company on 4/8 for Volvo chatting, great drinks

Seriously... We will have parking for up to 20 cars, with the brewery opening at 12:00 for tastings and tours. If you want to partake, there will be a $12 ticket for a glass and 6 tasting tickets. If you don't, just hang out and look at Volvo's and play games. Word to the wise... There isn't a lot of shade, so bring umbrellas and lawn chairs!

From there, there is plenty to do in Austin. S. Congress for the cars. Expo Center for more cars and music (tickets needed) WE can arrange a drive if wanted, or we can hit up some of the custom shops around town. Many of them will be open for tourists and gawking. 2 close to the brewery include Austin Speed Shop of Jesse James fame, and Murphos.

http://www.512brewing.com/ http://lonestarroundup.com

My friend is the distributor for 512 here in Houston, I will ask if him if he can do anything for you all. I might try to make it if the 850 is done with its tuning by then.

Quick bump for this...

Kid friendly, lots of people, good time had by all... Typical Saturday at 512 Brewing!

Hope to see some Volvo's out in April!

Last edited:
3 week bump, My new Bilstien Hd's came today, hope to have them with my kaplhenke (probably mispelled) top strut mounts in, woohoo

Early lunch at The Monument Caf? in Georgetown then The Toll to South Congress then to 512 in a shady spot for my Forester...

I'll have for sale five each matching hub caps from a 1991 Volvo 240 compliments of Tanya Parham-Wilcox in New Braunfels.

$200.00 each or $25.00 for the set of five.

George Dill

I'm going to try and attend. Would anyone be interested in a 7/900 beige 3rd row wagon seat? No hardware but the leather is perfect from a California car

Still going... 8 day bump!

I will have to bail around 3pm as I have another party to go to, but will be at 512 by 10:00 for set-up and if anyone wants to show up early. Brewery doesn't open until noon, so there will be plenty of time to hang out.

3 day bump!

I look forward to seeing everyone, and making new acquaintances. Chris hsould have 2 cars there, and I hope to have both my 242Ti and an 07 XC70 there...

Again, bring lawn chairs and an umbrella if sun isn't your thing. Water and soft drinks if beer isn't your thing. There MIGHT be a food truck there, East Side Kings was there 2 weeks ago and everyone loved their food. I will reach out and find out if they will be there, or another vendor. If no truck, there are a couple of burger places nearby that are good for a quick bite.

Looking forward to this!

1 day bump!

Dan and others from S.A.

George for Waco.

A few from Houston.

And those from around Austin should make 15-20 cars!

I will try to be on-site by 10:00, but gathering things and moving cars might make a bit late. I will try to make sure my nephew is there early to designate parking, but that might not happen either... Chris will also be there, so hopefully things will go according to plan.

See you in the morning!

"The best laid plans..."

Rats!

SO has issued Executive Order OICU812 which prohibits my venturing more than 50 feet from her house on Saturday, April 8, 2017.

See all y'all in Fredericksburg May 6, 2017 (May 5 for "dinner"?).

George Dill

It was fun, cool to see new faces have a few Beers and cruise Congress and see wild people and cool cars Thanks for the pics Ton

Good meet, everyone!

No problems with the landlord... Sounds like he knew he went overboard a bit.

(512) was glad to have us, and invited us back. Good beer for everyone!

If you can, check out their FB page and leave a message... It would be appreciated!

Back