• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

66 122 - The car I shouldnt keep but like too much

For Christmas my girlfriend got me an accessory clock that replaced the dashboard ashtray. :love:
uvUiPTKh.jpg

OA6dlo4h.jpg

anyone know how to properly step 12v to 6v?

Google voltage divider. You should be able to do it with a couple resistors

I'd try one of these in a little plastic box: https://www.mpja.com/LM2596-Step-Down-Adjustable-15-37V-DC_DC-Converter/productinfo/30148+PS/

It should stay cool, and only use a little extra power beyond what the clock needs. Test it first -- these all come from China and to save every penny, they're never tested so sometimes a bad one, or bad batch, gets through.

I was thinking of this https://www.amazon.com/Converter-DR...d=1577763528&sprefix=12v+to+6v,aps,223&sr=8-3

That is super cool!

Thank you. I always wanted one but didn't think I would ever find one, it was a big surprise for me

I got around to installing headliner and windlace. Not that hard just takes time. I need to go back and take out more of the wrinkles and do a better job on the C pillar.

first you have to remove all the brackets to get the old headliner and windlace out
5aQAVpeh.jpg

quick rub with steelwool on the hangers to get the crud off. Makes them easy to slide into headliner
GIDO4fhh.jpg

start from the back and work your way toward the front
JdAHxifh.jpg

jnLBy8Vh.jpg

when its hung you start to tuck it in starting with the rear window and then front

kusCIgqh.jpg

tucked in around back window
0Dpbka1h.jpg

then you work from center outward in both directions

I tucked in the headliner in first then the windlace. I heard the job is much easier when it hot outside but this wasnt too bad and I didnt feel like waiting. I need to go back and take out a couple of wrinkles but Im done for today, sore finger tips
Q32Hh5ah.jpg

Last edited:
Looks real good Jack! I’m sure the Dynaliner will help with noise as well as temperature from outside as well. Certainly looks like a jobs that would make for sore finger tips...lol. Worth it!

Nice. Did you put sime foam below the c pillars? Helps with the air and noise in that area.

It really does! But you also access that space from the trunk, so no worries if you didn't do it.

Looks good, I've always been tempted to do it myself.

Looks real good Jack! I?m sure the Dynaliner will help with noise as well as temperature from outside as well. Certainly looks like a jobs that would make for sore finger tips...lol. Worth it!

Nice work. :cheers:

Thank you. It's not as hard as I heard people make it out to be

Nice. Did you put some foam below the c pillars? Helps with the air and noise in that area.
not yet. I took that out a while ago and forgot all about it
Thanks!

It really does! But you also access that space from the trunk, so no worries if you didn't do it.

Looks good, I've always been tempted to do it myself.
doet, Im waiting

I actually found usable used front mudflaps. Installed them today.
Makes my car seem extra low now too

moxLwpXh.jpg

37Y2eGwh.jpg

ZWRJ3pSh.jpg

You're gonna scrape those things everywhere you go!

What all is left to do on this thing ? Seems like you've gone through the entire car by now.

You're gonna scrape those things everywhere you go!

What all is left to do on this thing ? Seems like you've gone through the entire car by now.

almost everything else is cosmetic
- paint
- interior
- replace suspension bushings with poly
- powdercoat almost everything that I can
- rear doors need to be rebuild- gaskets, panels, dynamat
- need to add another muffler
- repair small rust hole in A pillar
- probably replace driver fender
- need to finish rebuilding the front piece (actually start) going for the mid model look. I should be able to make two out of what I have (one late one mid)
- wire in clock *love*
- m41 clunks in reverse so I need to swap that one with a good one then rebuild it

thinking of
high compression B23 (60k miles) with a ported 530 head and DOCE 45s (I have all these parts just sitting)
I might just do that after I fix the 220 since i hear the gas mileage sucks on those and I drive this thing all the time. I put about 1500+ miles per month on it

I need to find a bulb cover? that will make the light look green to match. Im going to post detailed photos of how this thing actually works. Clock was almost prefect, just needed some cleaning... coming soon
9jQJctdh.jpg

second one is going on this car, needs the bottom section (front of radiator bottom) to be replaced
qdgYIgvh.jpg

Last edited:
Approximate diameter in mm? Wedge or bayonet?

wedge.
~9mm wide ~9 mm tall
fFjWBruh.jpg

started to polish up the door sills. well just one

before
eiKESPPh.jpg

after about 10 min on a buffer
hRBz1BJh.jpg

Clock was gummed up with old oils and some dirt, I had to take it apart and just clean and lube. Basic explanation of this clock. Its a windup mechanism that every few min gets wound up by an actuator. So it uses almost no energy

wind up mechanism (red arrow +) moves down toward actuator point as the clock unwinds (yellow -)
When it red touches yellow, the actuator (green) pulls the arm (yellow) toward itself pushing the windup mechanism (red) and the clock is wound up for few min
ANbQT9wh.jpg

(no scribbles)
n2mTz0th.jpg

the wind up mechanism was constantly activated because clock mechanism was stuck
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="VIaFPD2"><a href="//imgur.com/VIaFPD2"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

cleaned everything and now have a working clock
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="rc3IRf7"><a href="//imgur.com/rc3IRf7"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

normally the arm gets pushed up more but I had my wiring in the way
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="OQGClXZ"><a href="//imgur.com/OQGClXZ"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Last edited:
Back