• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Offroad 1992 245 - Project Sven Bjornagain

I usually hate seeing that, but those are a nice fit. The trim rings look like an awesome idea. I can't wait to see it. I wanna see what they look like from the side.

I usually hate seeing that, but those are a nice fit. The trim rings look like an awesome idea. I can't wait to see it. I wanna see what they look like from the side.

The glue I ordered didn't show up in time so I'll finish the rings next week. I'm not mounting the ring flat against the grill either, tilting the top out a little to add an "eyebrow" to the look of the lights. I'm leaving the rings "raw" too, gotta have that "yeah, i have a 3d printer" flex.

The plan is to extend the strut tubes 3" and box in the lower control arms.

Are you planning on extending the control arms? Pretty sure you need to with that much lift as well as longer inner tie rods, Ebberoth found some from an early 2000s focus that worked.

Are you planning on extending the control arms? Pretty sure you need to with that much lift as well as longer inner tie rods, Ebberoth found some from an early 2000s focus that worked.

Definitely. I'm going to lift the front and see how far off the camber is, if I need to extend the arms I'll do just that.

I'm also going to look into moving the axel back an inch or more to center the tire in the wheel well. As it sits I'll have to cut too much into the rear door to get those huge tires to fit properly.

Definitely. I'm going to lift the front and see how far off the camber is, if I need to extend the arms I'll do just that.

I'm also going to look into moving the axel back an inch or more to center the tire in the wheel well. As it sits I'll have to cut too much into the rear door to get those huge tires to fit properly.

Camber is gonna be mad jacked yo

I would imagine for every inch you extend it you'd wanna lengthen the control arms the same amount. I could be totally wrong but as of right now with my tube extended 2 inches and control arms extended the same amount I can adjust the camber just as well as a factory car and it actually drives like a stock 240 down the highway

I would imagine for every inch you extend it you'd wanna lengthen the control arms the same amount. I could be totally wrong but as of right now with my tube extended 2 inches and control arms extended the same amount I can adjust the camber just as well as a factory car and it actually drives like a stock 240 down the highway

Constructive commentary, this is what I love. Thank you for the helpful information and I will definitely heed your advice!

Big updates coming in the next few weeks. Welder acquired along with boxed in lower control arms and a 2nd set of strut tubes because I'm sure I'll **** something up since I haven't welded in 20 years.

740 inner tie rods fit and are longer.

Got some work done this weekend. Tires fitted, 2" hub centric spacers and wired up the 7"rounds with the trim rings. This week I'll extend the strut tubes to lift the front.

MwuU62T.jpg

kmkV8zh.jpg

IDFDPuz.jpg

Back