• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Replica 17" Volans. Should I buy?

silverwagon

Hey guys,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this question, but... I managed to score two, new, never used, OE 17" Volans. They're still in the original Volvo boxes. Anyway, I've got to locate two more to complete the set for my S70 and I was planning on buying two new replicas. I was just wondering if anyone has experience with the Volan replicas and if they're any good or not? I'd buy two more OE Volans, but they seem to be hard to find for a reasonable price in good condition.

Last edited:
Hey guys,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this question, but... I managed to score two, new, never used, OE 17" Volans. They're still in the original Volvo boxes Anyway, I've got to locate two more to complete the set for my S70 and I was planning on buying two new replicas. I was just wondering if anyone has experience with the Volan replicas and if they're any good or not? I'd buy two more OE Volans, but they seem to be hard to find for a reasonable price in good condition.

if you can see them first hand, do that. The finish might not match exactly, and that would be disappointing.

As long as they are the same width, just run the 2 Volvo ones on one side of the car and the replicas on the other...

if the finish is a little bit off, you would never know.

As long as they are the same width, just run the 2 Volvo ones on one side of the car and the replicas on the other...

if the finish is a little bit off, you would never know.

UNLESS you parked 20 feet in front of a giant mirror.

No but really, I've seen the rep's and the real ones side by side and the finish is pretty much the same.

Sounds good guys! Any suggested good sources in the NE States? I'm in Nova Scotia and will either have them shipped here directly or to someone I know in NY. I was thinking about ordering from http://www.lakeshorewheelandtire.com/. Thanks for the advise, the S70 should look great with the Volans and I'm planning on ordering a Koni/Eibach suspension kit before spring to bring it down a little :)

Back