• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

eBay Turbo manifold 79 242

Ak242

Where I live quality stock volvo parts are very hard to come by, and while my goal is to wait until I can get my hands on a b21ft manifold, this pile of turbo parts I've had in my garage for about a year are making me antsy. Everything I've been able to find about eBay turbo manifolds tells me that the exhaust flanges are actually mounted upside down and have to be modified (which for ~100 bucks I'm not too butt hurt about). I am a "good enough" welder (grinding god) and the only reason I haven't made my own is because there's no shop in my state that will cut me some flanges for under 200 (which I refuse to pay for maybe 2 hours worth of some guy with a plasma cutter).

So question time, Is there anyone out there who has bought a eBay manifold that didn't need to be chopped up? ive found 5 or so manifolds that seem to be from different manufacturers the optimist in me believes one has to be decent.
I tried searching but I'm not really satisfied with any of the answers I found. Most the manifolds addressed in older threads have broken links or have stopped being sold.

They are all backwards. It's easy to tell by the pics. They leave no room to actually service the spark plugs or run the wires.

I have a new one I'll sell you for $90 shipped if you want to mess with one.

Yea I did notice that, I've been fooled by eBay pics before I thought it might work in my favor this time haha
I'll keep that in mind thanks, I'll pm you if I decide to pull the trigger on it.

Lots of stock turbo manifolds out there, I think I have at least 2 of them in my garage, maybe 3. I scrapped a couple of them earlier this year cleaning out my dad's shop, I didn't think there was much demand for them.

there's no shop in my state that will cut me some flanges for under 200 (which I refuse to pay for maybe 2 hours worth of some guy with a plasma cutter).

Maybe you should look for someone with water jetting experience?

Newb question, but, what? The aftermarket turbo exhaust manifold flanges (where they bolt to the head or the turbo?) are typically upside down? Are these for marine use or something? Please explain. Thx.

its just a cock up that they never fixed

Actually what happened was ProTurbo sent their top mount redblock header over to China to try to have them make them cheaply and they screwed them all up. They never told them that the flanges were flipped and upside down so they just keep making them that way. :lol:

Had a look at it and the there no way you would get a down pipe off the turbo past the brake servo

You could make it to work converting to a pedal box but other wise it is a no go

I was out in my garage last night and looked, I have 3 stock cast iron 240 Turbo exhaust manifolds piled under my workbench, I think there's an older 740T manifold around somewhere too, you can have one for free if you want to pay shipping.

Back