• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Vancity Volvos

Hey guys this may be a long shot but I’m trying to track down a T5-R yellow 83 242 turbo that’s last known whereabouts was in BC. Anybody ever seen it or possibly know who’s it could be?

Here is the last known picture of it:

YcwKWCx.jpg

Last edited:
Might anyone have 4 really junky RWD wheels with tires? For putting on a car to scrap. Let me know, thanks!

Ask Ryan or Kelvin, they seem to have so many wheels they lose track of them.

Hey guys this may be a long shot but I?m trying to track down a T5-R yellow 83 242 turbo that?s last known whereabouts was in BC. Anybody ever seen it or possibly know who?s it could be?

Here is the last known picture of it:
https://i.imgur.com/YcwKWCx.jpg

Can't say I've ever seen it.

Has anyone noticed a brown/beige 240 wagon with different colour front fenders on AMG 5 spoke wheels? I see it parked occasionally on Marine Drive in south burnaby

Would any of you guys be interested in grabbing a beer with an easy coast weirdo? I'm down in Seattle for work and might make the great northern trek this weekend.

Also interested in brewery suggestions, seems to be lots of options

Would any of you guys be interested in grabbing a beer with an easy coast weirdo? I'm down in Seattle for work and might make the great northern trek this weekend.

Also interested in brewery suggestions, seems to be lots of options

HearthStone in North Van
Bridge in North Van
Powell Street brewery in Van which is very close to Discuss and parallel 49.
Another cluster is Bomber, Strange Fellows, and Of the Rail
Another cluster is yellow Did, Twin Sails, Parkside, and Moody Ales in Port Moody.
Another Cluster is 33Acres, R&B, Brassneck, and Steel toe in Van.

South of Van there is Four Winds and Fuggels and warlock

I have enjoyed beers from all those places.

If folks decide on grabbing a beer I may be able to join. I just can't promise anything due to work.

Steel Toad, you mean? :-P

Steel & Oak in New West has good stuff. Central City in Surrey is nice too.

Geez after all that that is what you pick on?

The internetz...geez. It is like you are concerned he might end up with safety shoes/boots or something instead of a beer!

If you don't leave the Seattle area there is Diamond Knot brewery in Mukilteo Wa. Delicious! Plus Red Hook isn't too far away

Last edited:
Powell's closest cluster is Callister/Andina.

You could group Parallel 49 with Doan's. I never used to go to 49 since I don't love their beer but since they've added a bazillion guest taps and are open until 12 I'm there pretty often. What is Discuss? I thought I knew all the local spots but haven't heard of that one.

I might be able to make it out if you end up at one of the East Van clusters.

Powell's closest cluster is Callister/Andina.

You could group Parallel 49 with Doan's. I never used to go to 49 since I don't love their beer but since they've added a bazillion guest taps and are open until 12 I'm there pretty often. What is Discuss? I thought I knew all the local spots but haven't heard of that one.

I might be able to make it out if you end up at one of the East Van clusters.

Discuss is kind of like a bar called Puzzles...HIMYM joke

Discuss was supposed to be Doan's. Man even with all the editing I missed that one. Bad me :-(

I didn't know about Callister/Andina. Thanks for that head up.

I guess there is also Storm up that way if you want to go OG'ish

Last edited:
Dageraad Brewing is owned by my sisters best friend and her husband. Their beer is OK. Some I really like. Some are just to out there for me....

Jordan

Dageraad Brewing is owned by my sisters best friend and her husband. Their beer is OK. Some I really like. Some are just to out there for me....

Jordan

True fact - Dageraad's Burnabarian has one of the best names out there, and it's pretty good too.

Callister has been hit & miss for me, but if you're trying to just hit one area it's a natural add-on for Powell. Andina has at least a couple of reliably good beers, plus best food option in the area and a nice room.

Doan's down in that hood is consistant. East Van Brewing on Venables is now open too, and the beer seems... alright, but the space is super cool.

Holy beer nerds.

Cars and tasting rooms aren't especially compatible, but seems like we should have a Volvo-themed brewery tour at some point. I usually bike over with my neighbourhood gang, but won't be doing that until it warms up.

Holy beer nerds.

Cars and tasting rooms aren't especially compatible, but seems like we should have a Volvo-themed brewery tour at some point. I usually bike over with my neighbourhood gang, but won't be doing that until it warms up.

Could there be a positive correlation between owning/always a fixing your Volvo and increased beer consumption?

I guess I should mention I will be moving to an area in the epicenter of "Yeast Van" early in the new year, so perhaps we can have a bbq and walk to a few brewpubs.

M.

Back