• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

940 seat heaters inop

niquemarshall

Does the wiring on the leather heated seats go bad often? Driver side switch lights up, but no click from relay and no heat. Passenger side doesnt work either, swapping relays did nothing... Any ideas?

The wiring in the heater may be bad or it may be the thermostat in the seat heater. I rebuilt both front seats in two 240s and the wiring was fine. The thermostat was bad in one seat.

Are you trying it on a cold morning? They have a thermostat in the relay that kicks it off it the ambient temp is too high. If the inside of my car is warm then the heated seats don't work. I though my passenger seat wasn't working for years...

Temps

Are you trying it on a cold morning? They have a thermostat in the relay that kicks it off it the ambient temp is too high. If the inside of my car is warm then the heated seats don't work. I though my passenger seat wasn't working for years...

The dual out heaters cycle high below 50F and low below 63F. If the cabin temp is above 63F the heaters will be off.

Does the wiring on the leather heated seats go bad often? Driver side switch lights up, but no click from relay and no heat. Passenger side doesnt work either, swapping relays did nothing... Any ideas?

Is someone sitting in the passenger seat? There is a weight sensor for the passenger side that enable it when there is a passenger.

There could be a broken element (wire) in the seat heater .

Back