• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Possible ABS module failure?

V70XC

Occasionally while driving, and sometimes on startup, my odometer and trip read ----.-/------, my speedometer drops to zero and my brake and ABS lights turn on.

please mention the model and year of production. It increases your chance of getting a useful answer.

If it's the V70XC, I'd have no idea. If it's a late model RWD 240/740/940, then it's likely the speed sensor in the rear axle, that runs both the speedo/odo and one of the 3 circuits in the ABS system. Bad sensors on the diff cover, or bad wiring to it, would give you those symptoms.

TRACS module issues are very common in P80 Volvo's. Easiest option is to buy a rebuilt unit. Hardest option is to cut open your existing box and reflow the solder. You'll have to seal the box up watertight if you go that route.

Sounds like this is a p80. The ABS module is easily replaced with a junkyard module or one from ebay. Make sure you get the correct one for yourself (TRAC, ect).

An ABS sensor problem on each wheel can mimic this also.

Back