• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Fuel/Spark tuning for LH 2.4/EZK with TunerPro!

I took it upon myself to scour the Bosch Automotive Catalog and look up all the ECUs and EZKs and made a spreadsheet of what cars/engines got which ECUs and when:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1S4KDCA3ba0OyqAMZbX0Au1YdGHLlg5wiz7QZCmLAkPo/edit?usp=sharing

Let me know if you have any of the BIN files I don't have or any corrections to make.

I ordered a 0 227 400 175 EZK from Europe which should arrive early January. Hoping it has more advance for the B230FX engine. I'll post the bin here!

Also do you have a 934 LH bin? The one on jetronic.info is clearly for a turbo car when it should be NA, but it's labelled as a B230FB.

Hi all and a merry Christmas & happy new year.

The team behind Jetronic.info have put in a lot of effort lately and come up with two new XDF's covering most Binaries and the most frequently used functions when "tuning" or recalibrating your EZK.

Comments or feedback are always welcome.

I'll be playing with these this weekend. thanks!

Last edited:
I ordered a 0 227 400 175 EZK from Europe which should arrive early January. Hoping it has more advance for the B230FX engine. I'll post the bin here!

Also do you have a 934 LH bin? The one on jetronic.info is clearly for a turbo car when it should be NA, but it's labelled as a B230FB.

I'll be playing with these this weekend. thanks!

With regards to the newly known fact that all 230 motors where run on 108 oct lab fuel I can't really see any purpose in increasing ignition timing, rather you should be looking at reducing timing at higher loaded parts of the table.

YS
Jaybee

Last edited:
With regards to the newly known fact that all 230 motors where run on 108 oct lab fuel I can't really see any purpose in increasing ignition timing, rather you should be looking at reducing timing at higher loaded parts of the table.

YS
Jaybee

it's mostly a curiosity thing for me rather then trying to get more performance :)

I've been playing with my setup lately, just on spark for now, with a scan tool watching the knock sensor to validate our tuning a little. Agreed, on-boost definitely can't handle more timing. Here on Cali gas even stock boost has issues with the timing map.

mrjaybeeze..pmme over your email. I wanna send something over, have you take a peek at it...

I've been playing with my setup lately, just on spark for now, with a scan tool watching the knock sensor to validate our tuning a little. Agreed, on-boost definitely can't handle more timing. Here on Cali gas even stock boost has issues with the timing map.

mrjaybeeze..pmme over your email. I wanna send something over, have you take a peek at it...

if you add @hotmail.com after my nick it should be good :-)

YS

Jaybee

The team behind Jetronic.info have put in a lot of effort lately and come up with two new XDF's covering most Binaries and the most frequently used functions when "tuning" or recalibrating your EZK.

Is there a formula for calculating the rev limit? Say I want it at 5500, how would I select a value for it?

thanks!:)

edit: i think (x*12.5)+5250 is what I was looking for

Last edited:

YS
Jaybee

I'd love to see a source on this! Not trying to doubt you but it's always good to have the original information.

I'd love to see a source on this! Not trying to doubt you but it's always good to have the original information.

This is during direct conversations with the now 75 year old engineer previously working at Volvo during the 2-7-940 period, he is also known as Mr Sneck for those who have a lot of experience with LH2.4

Y.S.
Jaybee

I haven't been in here for a while, I'll have to download those and give them a whirl.

On a side note, I hadn't played with a newer fuel XDF either until the last month or so and when I was tinkering with the idle settings post start and during cranking, I never really got the desired benefits(higher idle post initial start, especially when cold, such as later model cars that warm up the cat).

I was playing with a 937 tune the other night, actually had solid luck with stabilizing the idle on mine after setting the idle to 775 once it got to temp, and I used the same idle speed in gear and in p/n. It hasn't idled that well on LH in a very long time. Still need to build a proper tune though.

I forgot which table I edited but the normal idle-warmup table was good for my goal. Slightly higher idle when hot and roughly 1000 rpm when engine is cold (freezing temp).
Idle isn't perfect, something alternator/corroded fuses probably dropping voltage somewhere.

Interesting findings today. With the new XDF from mrjaybeeze, there's 4 separate copies of the EZK map. The tune and XDF I had previously was pinging in boost. Tried pulling timing from every row except the top two, no change. Finally loaded up the new XDF with 4 copies, dropped my previous tune in all 4, ran a touch better. Tweaked timing in copy 2, pinging issue in certain areas went away, same for copy 3.

Anybody know the correlation between the copies in that XDF, or how the system determines which map to go to?

I haven’t done anything with the new stuff yet, but my non-turbo experience has always used the third section to pull data from. For whatever that’s worth.

Hmm, that helps! What EZK are you running?

We did the first section only on Ryan's as that's all the XDF I had gave as an option, so this new XDF with all 4 should help. Looking at all the various tunes I have from various people, only the first section was changed as well, with the other 3 being bone stock.

Anybody know the correlation between the copies in that XDF, or how the system determines which map to go to?

AFAIK, only the first copy of the code in the EZK EPROM is used. The other 3 are unused. I'd guess that the prices and availability of EPROMs changed between the original design and volume production. The original design would fit into a 8KByte 2764 EPROM, but 27256 32KByte EPROMs became cheaper and Bosch just filled the 24KB of extra space with unused copies.

[It should be possible with a couple mini toggle switches, and a couple cut traces to the EPROM daughter card, to switch between the 4 code images -- you'd cut the upper 2 address bits to the daughter card and run them to the toggle switches, between gnd and +5v, instead.]

It would be easy enough to burn an image with only the lowest 8KB populated, and the upper 24KB left at 0xFFs. If it runs, the upper images are unused.

I haven?t done anything with the new stuff yet, but my non-turbo experience has always used the third section to pull data from. For whatever that?s worth.

This is on the non turbo, chippable EZK boxes, I think -146?

I just changed all 4 back in the day to eliminate any possible issues going forward. I think when I map traced it, it was the third one, but that was a while ago.

Back