• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Eiker vs. Polaris: Better?

scottn941

Toying around with new rims. If you had the choice, would you rather have Eiker E1s or the OEM Polaris? Advantages to the winner? Thanks in advance.

Fail...Eikers have bigger lip...deeper dish...are replaceable...cheaper...and not ultra rare. If you manage to find 4 polaris...you better not get in a wreck. $250 for a replacement wheel is not bad. IPD used to sell Eiker...who knows if they do/will again. There are a decent amount in usa though.

post an ad in For Sale if you would like to sell wheels/tires.

thanks
-towerymt

polaris are stronger and much higher quality then eikers, I would rather have .5" less wheel width with a high quality wheel if it was upto me.

polaris are stronger and much higher quality then eikers, I would rather have .5" less wheel width with a high quality wheel if it was upto me.
Captain wheel width wants LESS wheel width? Now I've seen everything.

Neither wheel is particularly great, but I would probably opt for the set that was less expensive. I'd rather have the Eiker with the deeper dish and additional width, but they are soft and HEAVY. If you're just after the look, either will do the job.

I think Polaris looks just so much better than Eikers in person. the edge on the Polaris rims for putting weights on just where it meets the tire makes it looks much less cheap in my opinion, but I know that is personal.

I kinda like Eikers they are shinier generally speaking, the Polaris remind me of a snowmobile so they just aren't as shiney. I once tried to fit a 19" tyre onto both of these wheels, and the damned tyres did not fit. Bloody hell, turned out to be they are just wimpy 17" rims.

get off the crack mate

Polaris has that cool rareness about em, but like Davidmacq says, good luck finding them. I know one guy who has a TWO sets, and short of a kidney or 1st born son, he won't give em up for anything.

Does anyone have a close up pic of both of them?

big sticky at the top of showroom "nooby factory wheel guid omfg its huge sorry":nod:

here ya go
OriginalonTopEicheronBottom.jpg

Polaris, and their replica, Eiker E-1(top/bottom respectively)

Wow, Polaris for sure...the others are either washed out in the pic or they really have that horrible color.

Back