• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

LH2.2 Hall Effect Sensor Pinout & Signal?

Mylesofsmyles

A Member
Can anyone point me to a diagram, showing the pinout of the LH2.2 Distributor Hall Effect Sensor?

There are three wires in total...I believe on is a shield.

A generic search of "Hall Effect Sensor" on google shows a Ground, 5V+, & Signal. What are the details of the Bosch unit on the Volvo LH2.2 system?

I'm toying with the idea of running LH2.2/EZK on a Ford 2.3L motor....trying to cross reference the Hall Effect Sensor of the Volvo's to that of the Ford's.

Last edited:
Can't find a good diagram, but if you have a lh2.2 dist, they are symbols on the plug that let you know which is which. - is ground, O is signal, + is 12v.

The signal is a switched ground, so it's either ground or floating (Not connected).

I might just throw in the towel on this project. The ford TPS is not a on/off switch. It's like a dimmer. I'll keep my Ford a Ford. It was a nice idea though

The ecu plug often corrodes and the power and ground are right next to Each other. Given what a rusty pile it looks like, it would be expected that the EEC whatever they called it that i got to trace intermittent issues all the time starting out, would have all of that and then some and a fairly rotten loom by now..

Good news is it isn't usually tons of time and there are lots of parts lying around for t I guess...
If its worth dealing with.

Grab an old man owned Toyota or Nissan 2wd next time. Pay for itself pretty quick.

In fairness the basic ranger 2.3 is pretty reliable if cared for. But people often bought a ranger because they a: always bought American (and you do find some old man 60-80k Minty ones or b: we're too cheap/trashy to buy or look for a Toyota or Nissan that we cared for and lightly used.

Pity this wasn't 5 years ago. My grandad had a 75 Toyota 2wd he sold to a landscaper cheap that he bought very lightly used sitting in his driveway that he drove once a week innsan Rafael. No grand kids were old enough or needed it. Today it would be much more valued than then.

The wiring diagram and tests are in the Bentley ignition chapter.
Depending on year an options (if this applies to your ranger), the "old fuel injection" website that has a lot of trivial eec info, but a lot of good links iirc for the inner workings of all the 80s to mid 90s ford efi.

Of the fords the 79-83 f250 custom (1 ton axle) 300-6 carbs and diesels of you found a healthy one are usually easy and very basic to keep on the road and pretty versatile with a pretty lasting body/hardware set. It gets worse on 84, and a lot worse after 96 with the toy bumpers and modular engine...

Last edited:
Because it's the EZ117K that uses the hall sensor. Try a search on that.
5v sounds right any generic sensor that fits the dizzy and has the same amount of cutouts.
http://www.forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=287289

EZK117K(LH2.2)-Pinout:
1:
2:
3: Supplies fault indication signals to test terminal when test diode is connected
4: Supplies power to Hall generator in distributor
5:
6: Receives supply from battery across ignition switch
7: Grounded by throttle switch when throttle is closed
8: Receives load signal from fuel system control unit
9: Receives 12V supply when thermostat closes (B230FT only)
10: Grounds Hall generator in distributor (shield)
11:
12: Grounds knock sensor (shield)
13: Receives signal from knock sensor
14:
15: Transmits knock-controlled fuel enrichment signal to injection system control unit (B230FT only)
16: Transmits ignition pulses to power stage
17: Transmits speed signal to fuel system control unit
18:
19:
20: Grounds control unit
21:
22:
23:
24: Receives engine speed/crankshaft position signal from Hall generator in distributor
25:

Last edited:
I'm mostly interested in the signal from the Hall effect sensor. Is the vane and window configuration something standard or is it unique to Bosch/Volvo

Back