• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Lesjofors experience ?

Otto Mattik

board member
92 240 Wagon Lesjofors 14.5mm HD, Bils HD (frnt), "Swedish" made 14mm wagon springs, Estonia yellow shocks (rr) 25mm ipd sways F & R, IPD panhard bar

The Lesjofors WO 133-1618379 "HD"on front seem/are stiff for normal/moderate loads. (I also see the 1229337 ( 380 53005 316 ) listed on FCP as "HD") Great for heavy loads but insane on even smallest bumps with anything less than a huge load.

Curious if anyone has experience with these springs ?
Considering swapping smaller sways as an experiment to see if it helps situation.

Last edited:
I have those springs on the front with bilstein HDs and 15A plates. Definitely more noise when hitting cracks in the freeway vs blown out stock stuff. Totally worth it.
Not "stiff" at all.

Did you install the springs only and now it's too stiff? Or did you do the other suspension work at the same time?

A) Purchasd car almost 3 yrs ago, it had lowering sprngs, heavy ipd sways, ipd panhard, Bils HD front & rear(rrs were blown) . It was ok w/ heavy loads otherwise insane even on small bumps

B) Last winter swapped out lowering sprngs for Lesjfrs 14.5mm frnt & FCP "Swedish"14mm rr. Kept Bils HD strut inserts & swapped blown rr bils for estonia shocks. Replaced one front bar bushing. Bushings are rubber.

Last edited:
I have the lesjofors stuff on the 140 with hd's up front, koni in the rear now. The hd's are not valve for the spring rate I don't believe. Just dropping the Hd's in the rear and going koni made the ride far better, still need to do the same up front.

Got Lesj?fors in my 744 with Bilstein HDs and 25mm IPD swaybars.

Flat in the corners, minimal breaking nosedive, harsh on the small bumps, need to hit speedbumps perpendicular, but overall I like the setup. If I swapped the 25mm rear swaybar for a stocker it'd be a different story for certain.

Are you sure you're front struts are good? I've had a few Bilsteins HDs lose travel and/or become very stiff. When you push down on a front corner of the bumper, does the suspension compress? Are you driving this car in snow and salt? Do you have the boots installed? Those seem to affect the life of HDs.

Are you sure you're front struts are good? I've had a few Bilsteins HDs lose travel and/or become very stiff. When you push down on a front corner of the bumper, does the suspension compress? Are you driving this car in snow and salt? Do you have the boots installed? Those seem to affect the life of HDs.

A) They are a bit stiff but not as bad as some Bils I've had(maybe on way out?)
B) Yes strut compresses, but it's getting stiff (no easy cure I'M guessing)
C) Yes DD
D) Yes boots are on

Thanks for input :nod:

Got Lesj?fors in my 744 with Bilstein HDs and 25mm IPD swaybars.

Flat in the corners, minimal breaking nosedive, harsh on the small bumps, need to hit speedbumps perpendicular, but overall I like the setup. If I swapped the 25mm rear swaybar for a stocker it'd be a different story for certain.

How would having stock rear change it? Less tail happy?

How would having stock rear change it? Less tail happy?

Stiffer anti-roll bar doesn't let the rear axle absorb left-right uneveness as well. Meaning when the front left wheel goes over a bump and the front right is still on the ground the chassis will want to pull up the rear left wheel instead of letting the axle twist and keep it on the ground.

You just end up feeling every bump and pothole because the wheels are more bound to each other instead of being able to work independantly. Go-cart vs rally-cross

FWIW My experience with these Swedish-made springs, with several models of Swedish and German cars, has been decidedly mediocre...

Back