• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

New mint 242 project! BROWN rules

oneflat83

AKA Out of Context
Look what followed me home. a brown 80 242 in minty condition. Its got a b21ft in it running the stock NA 1980 stuff on it. eww. 4 speed. ewww. its all gotta be changed. This thing is ultra clean. not a spot of rust or body damage anywhere. Ive seen alot of 240s and when i look under this one Im amazed how clean it is. Im thinking track car. or put it back to stock. lets hear some ideas. leaning more for a track car. I already have a daily 242. Im glad these cars a cheep it makes life fun.
019-1.jpg

031-1.jpg

034-1.jpg

033-1.jpg

028-1.jpg

024.jpg

I can't keep up with all these trends!

I say track car.

well, it seem like volvo only made about 6 colors. your turn will be up soon.

what do you guys think about 16v NA? I could try that and then just plus T it if im not happy with it.

Clean it up, drop a M46 in (or if you want something else, drop that in), then, either rebuild the B21FT to B21F specs, so it has higher compression, or grab a B23F block, slap the B21 head on, and run that for a while. Definitely turn it into a daily.

-J

Nice looking ride! I really hope you keep this one as a DD. I'm sure you wouldn't regret keeping it in such nice shape! I'm loving the fuzzy driver seat cover too! I'll take that if you don't want it.... Brrrr it gets cold in Wisconsin! :lol:

Nice looking ride! I really hope you keep this one as a DD. I'm sure you wouldn't regret keeping it in such nice shape! I'm loving the fuzzy driver seat cover too! I'll take that if you don't want it.... Brrrr it gets cold in Wisconsin! :lol:

Im all about making it a track car. I love to race. Its just a shame to take such a fine example and strip it. i could set everything aside i guess. Its the least nice of the three i have believe it or not.

I really like orange against brown. I was thinking about having the gt stripe kit put on it.

you can bring it back.

Im just getting opinions atm. I already know what id like to do with it. I am open minded so i thought id throw it out there for discussion.

but i will keep that in mind just in case. Is that a standing open offer to buy it back?

If it's a track car you might as well keep the m45, the OD is worthless on the track and adds weight and other bull****.

I would clean it up real nice and use it as a DD.

Back