• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Chassis Swap - Raising my brick

You can't always expect nothing but praise. Somethings make sense (like putting a 600 hp turbo V8 in a Volvo wagon) and some don't (putting a Volvo wagon atop a truck frame).

Wait, I seem to have undermined my point there....

Indeed you got it @$$ backwards in typical TB? fashion, one is actually useful in the real world ...

Both have their limits between what is still road legal and what isn't.

Over my driving career, I have tended to get more speeding tickets in my slower cars. I even managed to get one in a 1983 Rabbit diesel once. On the highway even. It involved going downhill and pressing the accelerator to the floor for about 2 minutes straight beforehand.

For our Welsh roads a lifted 240 is much better than any 4x4 I have driven. 4x4 are give a rough ride going over bumpy tracks at speed as where a well lifted 240 just takes it all in its stride

I don't believe this is the main one I was thinking about, but it did come to mind. B230 swapped Hilux - http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=330054

There's been some lifted 2/7/9's over the years, but what OP originally proposed is pretty extensive; That's the same thing people said about the beginning of the twin-engine 850 though. Happy Motoring.

Back