• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 Anyone know where to find main fuel pump connectors?

Had to cut both the fuel coupler and my fuel line. I just couldn’t get those damn banjo bolts to come off without absolutely obliterating any connections around it.

I bet my 1/2" impact and some lube woulda popped em right off.

That is how one should remove them. Wrench on the filter/pump flats, hit the banjo bolts with an impact gun. To do otherwise almost always results in kinking the line or worse. The banjo bolts literally fly off when hit with an impact gun. Don't replace them that way though.

I bet my 1/2" impact and some lube woulda popped em right off.

Sounds like a plan, ..I think mine finally came free w/out damage by tapping on a box end while holding filter w/ an open end, but the impact sounds faster/less chance for error ?

As far as funky pump noises, I have almost nevr noticd much noise on the original Bosch pumps. In my case, the noise always came after installing Airtex or anther aftermrkt brand.

:-P

Last edited:
You should also confirm life on your tank pump. Stick a hose in the filler hole and listen. Or just turn the key on while you have it all apart!

Recall Clean Flame Trap detailed this very issue(his clever clear hose in-tank test illustration has apparently since vanished...:???:) by running a clear hose from the tank outlet pipe to the tank filler neck. Again, it's another example TB ingenuity at it's best, a method which allows observation of fuel flow and creates minimal mess/wasted fuel.

I know for the OP, it's some extra work but, since everything is torn apart why not verify fuel flow ?

:-P

Last edited:
Little update: fuel line gets here later today. I’ll be ordering the new filter to pump coupler, as well as the necessary banjo bolts tomorrow.

Alright, so I just installed the new fuel systems, however, fuel is leaking out of the banjo bolts. I also have a burst line (not sure which one, also carries gasoline but is positioned in the middle of the car). What can I do to solve this issue? I’ve already significantly tightened the banjo bolts? Am I better off towing it to a shop and having them tighten everything for me?

Banjo bolts only seal on the copper washers. With all the work you put into this new copper washers would only be fitting. (pardon the pun)

The right way is to replace the washers.
I highly reccomend adding this to your kit:https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07HFMP8DW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Now that we got that out of the way, the turbobricks way is to heat the copper washers until glowing red to re-anneal them, then sand them til they are copper looking again on a flat surface with some 320 grit or so and send it.
If you just try to re-use the old ones without doctoring, they will usually leak.

The right way is to replace the washers.
I highly reccomend adding this to your kit:https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07HFMP8DW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Now that we got that out of the way, the turbobricks way is to heat the copper washers until glowing red to re-anneal them, then sand them til they are copper looking again on a flat surface with some 320 grit or so and send it.
If you just try to re-use the old ones without doctoring, they will usually leak.

^ This but I use #400 or finer.

A lot of the aftermarket washers are too wide and don't produce the right sealing PSI anyway so I recommend refurbished OE washers.

Yes you can try to over tighten the fittings but adding a problem to another problem usually isn't the answer.

Also a clutched screw gun is much more controllable and in the right torque range than an air impact.

YRMV

Use some loctite 592 thread sealant on all the washers and fittings. Messy, but you won't have to mongo tighten the fittings so they seal. You can also use he liquid teflon thread sealant in the plumbing dept. thread sealant acts as anti seize so they will be easier to service in the future.

Alright everybody, I’m glad to finally be able to say that she’s up & running again! I just installed the washers on the filter & now there’s no leaks anymore. What’s puzzling me right now is that last time I tried installing the fuel pump/filter, there was a hose in the middle back of the car that was leaking fuel, as well as the fuel leaking from the ends of the filter. However, now that the washers are on, the hose has also stopped leaking. I’ve looked around every hose in the back of the car & can’t find anything.

The broken connector is part of the fuel pump. The hose going into the main fuel pump is the inlet. Fuel leaks in front of the fuel pump were probably migrating to the rear of the pump.

Alright well, after further inspection I’ve noticed that the bigger banjo bolt of the fuel filter is leaking about one drop of fuel every 5 or so minutes, even after adding both washers that came with the Fcp kit. I’m considering just putting some sealant around it since it’s not that big of an issue. I’ve included a photo so you can see where it’s leaking out of. (At the tip of the flat head in the photo)
https://imgur.com/a/y5kGYTh

Back