• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

940 Fogged instrument cluster

woodenpudden

lacks goats
It's on the inside

Is it the norm for chemtrails to condense on the inside of 940 clusters?

Summary, more serious: '91 940 turbo, it's misty/drizzling/humid at 60 degrees outside, moderate heat is on in car, no fogged windows, condensation at bottom center of instrument cluster clear plastic, on the inside - no signs of leaking heater core. It was beginning to recede after 30 minutes of driving. Just wondering if it's one of those things or if it's an early warning sign of busted heater core etc.

Mostly short trips resulting in the car never getting heated up inside? Not sure how antifreeze residue could get inside the instrument cluster. A leaking heater core would result in antifreeze residue on the inside of the windshield.

Mostly short trips resulting in the car never getting heated up inside? Not sure how antifreeze residue could get inside the instrument cluster. A leaking heater core would result in antifreeze residue on the inside of the windshield.

240 clusters like to collect leaky heater core moisture, in addition to the usual warning signs (steam from vents, coolant smell, yadda) hence my concern (this is my first 940)

240 clusters like to collect leaky heater core moisture, in addition to the usual warning signs (steam from vents, coolant smell, yadda) hence my concern (this is my first 940)

It could get in there with a leakey heater core and a warped vent tube like the sort that result from replacing a heater core (with a plastic nissens finest of cores) and man-handling the vents.

Back