• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Cosbysweater's 244: ATS Brakes All The Things/Wish It Was A CTS-V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the the morning started out with me throwing on the exhaust manifolds and turbo kit

I ended up finishing the entire heap today and got it to the point where I could run it. I need to modify one trans cooler line because of the late model 80e

Engine runs perfect, time for some rest. Ended up tearing the heads off, throwing in new lifters, ls9 head gaskets and head bolts

Alright, been battling a cold this week so not much work has been done, I got the recaros in and wired up all the sending units for my gauges. Connected to ms due to the fact I was having issues with the car stalling after a few seconds. I noticed the map sensor was reading kinda off, so I unplugged it and the car started and idled perfect. It's odd, brand new 3 bar map and it just won't read right.... Anyway I threw a stock ls1 map in it just to get the car up to temp and test everything. The adaptive idle function on ms is really cool, the car idles really well with no IAC, around 800 in neutral and 700ish in gear. And I am so supprised how well it idles and revs up with the uncapped injectors. All in all its been a slow but successful week.

Alright, been battling a cold this week so not much work has been done, I got the recaros in and wired up all the sending units for my gauges. Connected to ms due to the fact I was having issues with the car stalling after a few seconds. I noticed the map sensor was reading kinda off, so I unplugged it and the car started and idled perfect. It's odd, brand new 3 bar map and it just won't read right.... Anyway I threw a stock ls1 map in it just to get the car up to temp and test everything. The adaptive idle function on ms is really cool, the car idles really well with no IAC, around 800 in neutral and 700ish in gear. And I am so supprised how well it idles and revs up with the uncapped injectors. All in all its been a slow but successful week.

Very cool stuff!!

I had uncapped Subaru injectors in my EJ22 turbo Subaru Bug, spraying ethanol. They were never a problem at all. Nice smooth idle, decent cold-start (for ethanol, especially), revved fine as far as I could tell.
Did you buy a flow-tested and matched set?

I uncapped 2 sets, threw one set in to get it running and set the parameters and had one set flowed, they went from 24lbs to 75lbs! Plenty of fuel for my goals

Well I feel like this is a sign of me getting older, I spent a day and a half specing out a washer tank that would fit in the car on the passenger side. I found a vibrant performance unit that is plug and play to the oe Volvo connector and it works great!

Finally got the rear lines in, this is to adapt from the m10 Volvo flare at the proportioning valve to the Ford stuff, I am going to drive it and see how the bias is with the stock proportioning valve first but I have a manual valve I may install sooner then later.

Alright so we have brakes and power steering! Drove the car out of the garage and parked it on the street, towing it over to the shop tomorrow morning to build the exhaust system and make a driveshaft safety loop!!!! The interior is completely assembled, I have recaros classic C's for the front seats, driver's side needs new foam and web but for now it will work fine, finalized all the wiring, installed new head lights and non busted five panels and regged it. It's just about ready to rock!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back