• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Drop It Like It's Hot (Lots of Pics!)

DoubleV

Well, it's done. The car is now lowered with a set of iPd's, and looking hot if I do say so myself :-P . Kane (PWRPUFF) and his cousin Howard were incredibly good to me this Sunday. They both helped me (as in did the majority of the work for me) get these springs on, and I am definitly very happy and thankful for that.

These springs are absolutely incredible. Right now I am using my stock shocks and struts :lol: , but that's okay because Koni's will go in this summer. None-the-less, the car handles exponentially better. I am able to take turns comfortably at speeds which I previously would have lost control and crashed at. Also, I used to have a vibration in my wheel between 65-75 mph and my wheel would also vibrate while braking. Both are gone now completely :-D . The car looks sweeter than ever too, and it's a bit over an inch and a half lower to the ground and at what I think is the ideal ride height.

Here are some pictures. I would have posted last night, but the pictures of the finished product just weren't good enough to justify it, so I went out today and took some,here you go:

The car before at it's stock height:
108583.jpg

108025.jpg

Spring comparison :rofl: :
108584.jpg

Shamlessly showing off my brakes (figured I would since the wheel was off):
108585.jpg

While lowering my car, Kane decided to out do me and seriously slam his new 940, it looks sweet!:
108589.jpg

108590.jpg

Actually, this of mine broke and we needed to replace it in a pinch (Thanks alot Kane):
108586.jpg

And drum roll... Here is the finished product (and alot of pictures of it at all angles possible :-P ):
108016.jpg

108588.jpg

108591.jpg

108604.jpg

108605.jpg

108606.jpg

108607.jpg

108608.jpg

108609.jpg

108610.jpg

And here I am, quite the proud owner:
108592.jpg

Hope you guys and girls like it, please feel free to comment.

**All images are available in full size, simply right click and select the option to view the image in a seperate window alone, then add a "o" at the end of the last number before .jpg in the web address and a full size image should load.

Looking great Gian,

Love the Ecodes btw... definatly $$$

I would recomend putting a 1/2" wide hose clamo on your rear spring pearck, to keep the springs seated. I don't know about the height unsprung, but my sprigns will fall right our of the perch when if i catch air. Which is why I got the hose clamps.

Thanks alot for the comments guys, it's great being able to share my car with others who can appreciate it.

oo4playmrright said:
much better, the first pic i was like.....ok? that's lowered? but the ones at the bottom are nice
Thank you. If the first picture was the car lowered, I think I would have cried and would likely still be crying today.

740T man said:
Keep that thing locked tight if I'm ever in town. I know how to hotwire these things...and that one I really want to steal :-D :-P
Lol. If you ever make it to LA hit me up! Your welcome to take it for a spin arround the block.

tjts1 said:
Looks awsome. Any spring specs you are willing to share?
Thanks. These are the iPd wagon lowering springs. I opted for wagon ones for a couple reasons. First, the deal I was offered I couldn't refuse. Second, I have extra weight in the rear and only plan on more. With my sub, amp and full-sized spare already, I'm approaching the addition 100lbs the wagons have. As for specs, I don't know anything about their rate or what not, but they lowered the car a little over one and a half. The iPd web site might have some more specs...

Infector 944 said:
Looking great Gian,

Love the Ecodes btw... definatly $$$

I would recomend putting a 1/2" wide hose clamo on your rear spring pearck, to keep the springs seated. I don't know about the height unsprung, but my sprigns will fall right our of the perch when if i catch air. Which is why I got the hose clamps.
Thanks Toby. That's a good call. I was thinking the same thing while they were going on, I'm glad I have someone (knowledgable at that :) ) to back up my same thoughts.

Looks good.

Glad you caught the broken strut mount. Mine were fine, until i hit a pothole and the strut broke though into my hood.

Looks great with the ecodes. I might have to ecode the 91.

looks so sexay :omg:

did you self drill those rotors? Or did you buy them? If so, where?

DoubleV said:
While lowering my car, Kane decided to out do me and seriously slam his new 940, it looks sweet!:
108589.jpg
Guess how many coils left? :twisted:

Actually, this of mine broke and we needed to replace it in a pinch (Thanks alot Kane):
108586.jpg
Good thing my 940 isn't going anywhere still ... anyone got a good used OEM one lying around for dirt cheap?

-- Kane

PWRPUFF said:

Good thing my 940 isn't going anywhere still ... anyone got a good used OEM one lying around for dirt cheap?

-- Kane
What IS that thing with all the ball bearings or whatever?

Body Massage said:

Zimmerman X-Drilled is a good bet, I have them an am pleased with them. Get them from FCP Groton or where you can find the best deal (maybe thelostartof can get them?)

klr142 said:

Tis a strut mount, they break/wear out quickly when suspension work is done.

So hows the ride and handling? Im in great need of a suspension re-vamp and have thought about those springs.

PWRPUFF said:

-- Kane

tell ya what ... once i get working ... (next month other hell to pay) and can afford the new ones i'm throwing on my car i'll give ya both of my old ones

and yes i can get those rotors pm me to find out more haha

BoxDriver2 said:
Looks good.

Glad you caught the broken strut mount. Mine were fine, until i hit a pothole and the strut broke though into my hood.

Looks great with the ecodes. I might have to ecode the 91.
:omg: That's horrible. I'm really glad I didn't encounter that either, I should really replace them both with new ones.

sed777 said:
Looks sweet!

Im hoping to do that to my 91 if i ever get it home!?
Definitly a good plan. You should get some new shocks/struts too if you're going to lower it, or at least plan to in the near future.

klr142 said:
Lovin it! :-D
Thanks!

Body Massage said:
looks so sexay :omg:

No, I didn't drill them myself. My uncle is a mecanic and put them on for me, I know nothing about their specifications, sorry :e-shrug:.

the poi said:
Looks good in pictures too :-P

Whats the deal with Kane's 940? How'd he drop it like that? :???:
I'm gonna see if Mike can chime in with the answer... Kane thought he might be able to ;-) .

SwedishBrick240 said:
Thats so freeking nice! Lookin so damn good man! :rockon:
Thanks alot, hopefully there will be a NorCal event this summer where you can see it in person.

Three Fat Tigers said:
How has this effected the ride and handling?
Well, on the poor LA streets, I can tell that I need to replace the shocks and struts. However, on smooth curvy roads, it feels like it's on rails :badboy: . I'm getting Konis on this summer, then I'm alost positive it will be nearing perfection ;-) .

PWRPUFF said:

-- Kane
Yeah, that 940 saved me. I would probably still be at your house if you didn't have it :rofl: .

klr142 said:
It's the strut bearing mount I believe :???: .

DoubleV said:
Thanks alot, hopefully there will be a NorCal event this summer where you can see it in person.

I'm planning on organizing another burgerball in Santa Cruz this summer at the beach. You know you wanna test those out on the curves around here ;-)

SwedishBrick240 said:
I'm planning on organizing another burgerball in Santa Cruz this summer at the beach. You know you wanna test those out on the curves around here ;-)

HMM BIKINIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh - you mean the roads. Sorry my bad

Back