• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

b6304f+t header progress thread!

the poi

Has been
Okay, since I started the header I guess I'll start a thread. Anyway, idea:

medium.jpg

Parts:

47257555.jpg

First, cut all the bends to the right radius. 10 of the 20 bends are 90* so hey, easy. The other 10* are cut thusly:

48228415.jpg

200$ harborfreight bandsaw. fantastic!

48228419.jpg

Set the angle on the frame, tape the frame down. Set elbow in the "box" and clamp it down.

48228416.jpg

Fancy!

48228417.jpg

Holy macaroni!

Next up, straight pipes cut to length and I mark all the pipes with their mating angles. Then I simply weld it together! :-D

what? a band saw? you're cheating! j/k

looking good so far. what wastegate are you planning on running?

anyone else had issues with their tial creeping? mine creeps like a bitch in 4th, starts at 7, by redline its at 14 (this is a big problem when your injectors are at 135% DC by 6800 rpms). open dump no bleeder or anything, 7.5 spring.

sorry, thread jack. looks good, get er welded :)

linuxman51 said:
anyone else had issues with their tial creeping? mine creeps like a bitch in 4th, starts at 7, by redline its at 14 (this is a big problem when your injectors are at 135% DC by 6800 rpms). open dump no bleeder or anything, 7.5 spring.
wheres the gate attached?

Looks hot man... When are you going to start releasing paddle shift kits? I'll mail you my car so you can test one on a 240 wagon :)

Looking good,

Sometimes simple methods can yield get products with some time thrown in for finishing work.

How do you plan to tackle the collector portion?

Snoop Dougy Doug said:
My tial was ALWAYS rock stable. +/- 1 psi.

What boost controller setup are you using (if any)?

Chris, make sure you use a flex joint on the downpipe and the wastegate (either before or after doesn't matter)

i'm not, its supposed to be just gate pressure (7.5)

blkaplan said:
How do you plan to tackle the collector portion?
the plan at the moment is to figure out some way to select the intersect fo the pipes out from the model. If all else fails, I know I can get a 3d sketch out of it. Then i gotta figure out some way to "unroll" the sketch into a flat drawing. Then I should be able print it, wrap it around the pipe, trace the contour, and cut it out. it'll work great if i can get it to work :-D

Back