• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

will a 1990 780 cluster fit in a 1990 740?

okoye

The 780 bertones have a 21 gallon tank and I'd like my 21 gallon tank that I put into the 740 to read correctly. I believe the only car that had the old style cluster that will read correctly for 21 gallons is a 1990/1991 780 bertone.

It will work, however, I think the 90 780 only has a 16 gallon tank. It has been a long time since I've driven mine. I'll check the owner's manual and see what it says. The sending units IRS versus straight axle are totally different

Last edited:
Don't care about the differences in sending units. A gauge that is set to read 21 gallons will read 21 gallons. Sender/tank is from a 1993 with a 21 gallon tank that went into my 1990 740 wagon. Sorry if that was for some reason unclear.

That's why it won't work. The 92 and older sending units change resistance in the opposite direction compared to a 1993 and newer sending unit. You may be able to figure out how to rewire it as was done with the 940 cluster conversion.

Back