• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Washing engine bay then no start

karl_760ti

Ok, i like to have a clean engine bay on my '85 760Turbo. So ive been going at it with the pressure washer. Now it seems as though the engine dosnt like that too much, as afterwards i go to start it an it either wont start, or starts an then dies again. I am guessing there is some water in there somewere stuffing elctricals up, but were?
On my sigma/galant when the engine bay got wet i just poped the dizzy cap off, shook it put it back on an no worries, but with the dizzy at the back of the head it makes it alot harder to do.

So were is all this water thats stuffing things up for me, anyone else had this problem?
Cheers Karl

If you fill the connector boot on the "power stage" with water, it won't start, too.
After doing it twice, I filled the boot with silicone grease and haven't had a problem since.

peehound said:
If you fill the connector boot on the "power stage" with water, it won't start, too.
After doing it twice, I filled the boot with silicone grease and haven't had a problem since.
What is this power stage you speak of? Were is it?

Thanks for all the helpful replies :D

My 89 745T moisture related no start problems were traced to a tired head mounted distributor. I removed it, replaced the seal using a borrowed home made special tool, replaced the o-rings, replaced the cracked LH 2.2 three wire plastic harness plug coming out of the distributor, installed new cap and rotor, and reinstalled the distributor. No problems thereafter. Details on the seal can be found on www.brickboard.com under RWD under 700/900 FAQ.

Philip Bradley

peehound said:
Where do you get silicone grease?? is it the same as dielectric grease..thanks!!

Back