• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Crunchy BNE mounts.

An issue I had when sliding my mounts was that my strut tower had domed out a bit. Some time with a block of wood and a hammer and I was able to get them flat enough to slide the mounts more easily, this might be your problem.

An issue I had when sliding my mounts was that my strut tower had domed out a bit. Some time with a block of wood and a hammer and I was able to get them flat enough to slide the mounts more easily, this might be your problem.

I'll have to check but even though the car has 300k km it hasn't shown any structural issues so far aside from some peeling transparent, and corrosion isn't a thing here either.

I'll have to check but even though the car has 300k km it hasn't shown any structural issues so far aside from some peeling transparent, and corrosion isn't a thing here either.

My towers are completely rust free, still had the issue. Looking at the tops of the towers closely, you could see it. Or if you still have the old mounts you can look at their studs and see if they've spread out. It was the sort of thing I hadn't though of but once I noticed it, it was definitely there.

Back