• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Pdx dl

Take my car around the block to get an idea

Love to! You're at 450 on the front? Would you say that this is the high end for a street car? I was thinking maybe 325-350 on the front with 225 on the rear.

What about spring length? I'm seeing 8-10" on the front.

Last edited:
This is my experience using stock bilstein HDs struts and Gabriel Ultra rear shocks.
I'm a fan of 250 lbs/in in the front and 150 lbs/in at the rear location. Not bouncy and handles crappy roads well. This has been used for track days and drifting as well. If you go too low, it'll still scrape the mudflaps when cornering hard with 4 people in the car. So if you're going for the low look, I'd go 300 in the front and 175-200 in the rear if you want to carry any weight.

GAZ for the front should be here by Christmas. Existing rear units are Bilstein Touring. Would like to match to front at some point.

This is my experience using stock bilstein HDs struts and Gabriel Ultra rear shocks.
I'm a fan of 250 lbs/in in the front and 150 lbs/in at the rear location. Not bouncy and handles crappy roads well. This has been used for track days and drifting as well. If you go too low, it'll still scrape the mudflaps when cornering hard with 4 people in the car. So if you're going for the low look, I'd go 300 in the front and 175-200 in the rear if you want to carry any weight.

Great stuff! Much appreciated.

GAZ for the front should be here by Christmas. Existing rear units are Bilstein Touring. Would like to match to front at some point.

So what rate did you ask for when you ordered those inserts? With rear tourings I'd keep the rear rate at around 175 as Robert suggested.

Son is getting a bigger apartment next month. To take the furniture we've been storing from the old house for him in the garage. Move-in to the new house is nearly done. Pictures on the walls. Maybe have the DL home by December. Then the holidays. Maybe start wrenching in January. Should have enough time before Davis. Suspension parts are trickling in.

I want to apologize to anyone that was interested, for being a major flake and listing the car for sale, then pulling it off the market. Very nearly sold it. Been some low points.

Hoping to do some outings this winter. Found some cheap, knock-off, Virgos. Going to spend a few bucks and set her up with some Blizzaks. Do some skiing on Mt. Hood. Run up to Leavenworth with the wife for the Christmas lights. Stuff like that. Should be fun. Different.

Got my IG, PDXvolvo, over 500 followers. Pretty cool.

Pull the motor. Fix the GD oil leak. Slam the suspension on coil-overs to be TB cool. Yeah baby.

Chicks dig it.

ECB651AD-FC7B-4992-815F-CA6E0D2FE860-M.jpg

First get away weekend in a while. Staying at the Columbia Gorge Hotel. Just had a terrific dinner. The local Aeroplane and Automobile museum was first class.

68343E9D-D42F-4905-BE72-350FDA8DD546-M.jpg

Got the older WS80s on a set of rims for the white Subie. Good tire. On the 245, I'll be running the General Altimax Arctic 12s that I mentioned in the text message earlier. Did well during last winter's snowmageddon, so... Going to get another pair to run on the front of the car, that way, I have the same tire on each corner.

Got the older WS80s on a set of rims for the white Subie. Good tire. On the 245, I'll be running the General Altimax Arctic 12s that I mentioned in the text message earlier. Did well during last winter's snowmageddon, so... Going to get another pair to run on the front of the car, that way, I have the same tire on each corner.

Everybody says to run them on all four corners. Pricey. I?m on the rear only right now. Anxious to try them out.

A sublime drive down the gorge this weekend. Historic highway 14 along the Columbia in the fall. Rolling hills, 3rd gear corners, light traffic. The DL was in its element.

She could use some more low end torque. Any suggestions? Perhaps a T cam in place of the turbo cam? LS swap?

CBCE8B7F-EDA2-414D-9954-0C0DA9F465F1-M.jpg

Last edited:
Back