• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Hot side <=> Cold side

Chilm

Double Dutch
To the turbo goeroe's:

what is not clear to me yet is the usability of the hot sides from the Mitsu turbo's.
For instance, if you have a 15G or 16T can you use your 13C hotside.
Asking this because I did a lot of port work on my 13C hot side and it is still without any cracks and spools my (13C) cold side lightning fast, really.

So if this is true I only have to clock my 15G cold side on the 13C hotside, bold it and go.
And is there a list of what is interchangable with those Mitsu's (could not find it here)?

And apologize for my ignorance :pow:

For instance, if you have a 15G or 16T can you use your 13C hotside.

Negative.

TD04H (13C) turbos have smaller turbine wheel than a TD04HL (13T, 15G, 16T, 18T, 19T, etc)

TD04HL turbine wheel will not work with a TD04H turbine housing.

Crack in turbine housing is normal, so long it does not leak, it is fine to use. If you have a 15G with conical turbine housing, all you'll have to do is to clock both housing and make it work with your RWD car.

http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=83929

Last edited:
Just to add to what Harry said...

TD04H is the hot side size/trim
15G is the cold side size/trim.

Anything TD04H is swappable, HL is swappable, but not between the H and HL.

Is there any reason you can't rebuild your cartridge with a TD04H turbine wheel and 16T (or bigger) compressor wheel? I know you would end up with a turbo that spools really fast for how big the compressor is but isn't it possible?

The td04hl turbine wheel is already to small and restrictive, why would you want something smaller on there. Spend the time and effort and port the larger housing and hope someone wants to buy yours but do not be surprised if it sits for a while.

Thank you very much guys, very helpful :urgod:

@naterhater: I already ported the new 15g hotside, but I was just wondering what was interchangeable between them. If it was possible then I did not have to pull the current 13c hotside, kind of lazy so to speak ;P

Last edited:
Okay... Now just to piss every one off, you can rebuild your 15g/16t with the 13c turbine wheel and shaft. I ran this setup for a good amount of time and it was a fast spooling super torquey car with amazing mid-range punch (passing on two lanes was awesome).

That said, everyone else is right about the wheel being smaller. You'll have less top end / peak power potential. OTOH, if you just want a great everyday car with great response and poke in the portion of the rev range where the car lives all day long, it's not at all a bad setup.

Details please :oogle:

Okay... Now just to piss every one off, you can rebuild your 15g/16t with the 13c turbine wheel and shaft.

It's really that simple. :nod:

But what I did was...

* Take the 13c apart. Remove housings, remove compressor wheel, pull shaft through the CHRA. Now you should have the 13c turbine wheel and shaft.

* Do the same as above for the 15g.

* Now rebuild the 15g with the shaft and wheel from the 13c. This means putting the 13c shaft through the 15g CHRA then the 15g compressor wheel on that.

* Put the 15g compressor housing back on.

* Put the entire assembly into the 13c turbine (hot side) housing.

The above assumes a lot. Compare both of those shafts side by side and make sure they're the same. You'll also want to clean everything while it's apart.

Ideally, you would have the turbine, shaft, and wheel all balanced as a single assembly, but mine lasted two years (and remember they were both used items with who knows how many miles on them) before it started to smoke a little. YMMV ;-)

Don't expect to make the 300hp with this setup! You'll be lucky if you find yourself in the 250hp range if you ask me. But it will be a fun torquey car if you keep a T or even that infernal M cam.

Back