• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Rallycross -- 240 -- ASNW

Mr Yuck

<><
Last shot before winter mode:

Winter Mode!

Finally, a good photographer got ahold of my camera.

And here's a shot that I took from my worker station while a friend was driving the car (albiet he didn't drive near as hard as I did):

Temperatures of about 10F with a wind-chill below 0F made for great powder and photos.

My tires froze to the ground whenever I stopped for too long, the car was pretty much at least idling from 7am to 4pm (It was off at lunch and while I was gassing up)

My gas mileage was 11.8mpg :rofl:

Standings:
First day, I was the only 2wd there, came in 2nd to last place.

Today, I was beaten by a Sentra, a Chevy Colorado with an LSD...and of course a load of subarus.

In my class (novice 2wd), I beat my co-drivers (My gf who has never driven competitively and drives an auto Tercel and a fellow autocrosser who's used to a Mazda 3) :lol:

In 2wd, I beat a datsun 510 (RWD) with a welded diff (Amateur class)
Overall: I beat a Subaru wagon on Sunday and a Subaru sedan on Saturday.
---Subaru Sedan had all season tires, an automatic transmission, and a turbo
---Subaru Wagon had a novice rallyx driver in a new car...though she beat me on Saturday, I beat her on Sunday :cool:

Too many words in this post...
So here's another driver:

I will update this post with more pictures and video following this line:

<object width="400" height="300"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=2530333&server=vimeo.com&show_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=0&color=&fullscreen=1" /><embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=2530333&server=vimeo.com&show_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=0&color=&fullscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="400" height="300"></embed></object><br />
Video: Just my car.

Last edited:
Looks like a load of fun and you can't really even begin to compare driving a RWD wagon in the snow with AWD suby's and what not.

I'll be checking back for the vids.

Pull the rear sway next time. :) you might get a little better traction that way.
Traction?? PSHHHH.
--Though next season I probably will put the small rear sway on to put my car back in the stock class so I can be more competitive.

Yes I was using studs (BFG Winter Slalom, pretty old tires)

Yes that's the IPD Copilot light the previous owner put on.

Back