• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

New wheels for my 164

R Salesman

I recently installed some new 17" Pegasus IPD replica wheels with Dunlop Direzza Star Specs on the 164, the purpose of which was to help improve braking and cornering traction (success!) I also think they look kinda cool; hope y'all like them too.

DSC00825.jpg

DSC00826.jpg

They look great! Now just drop the car about 2" and it'll look spectacular :)

I'm actually wanting to do that, just having problems finding someone who can make springs for me. The car currently has IPD sport/lowering springs. I want to go with a higher spring rate all the way around, and a lower ride height (just a tad lower in the rear, and probably an inch and a half in the front).

Any suggestions on who could make some springs for me?

Talk to Lawrence (aka "fidel"). He can probably suggest some spring rates and lengths to use. There are 5" and 5.5" diameter stock car springs available in lots of rates and lengths that can work. You will probably want to change the shocks too, if they are stock.

Talk to Lawrence (aka "fidel"). He can probably suggest some spring rates and lengths to use. There are 5" and 5.5" diameter stock car springs available in lots of rates and lengths that can work. You will probably want to change the shocks too, if they are stock.

This.

Looks good, now get it lower.

Now I'm not one of those Peg haters you see in these parts...but I'll be honest I'm not feeling it at all. That car is soooooooooooooooo tasty classic, it's just doesn't flow. Otherwise the car is simply amazing by the way.

Do me a favor, please. Post a pic from the side, of the whole side. And BTW, those wheels look fantastic on your beautiful blue 160.:nod:

I like how the wheels sit in the arches on the axles, they look like they have more offset then say virgo's which look shrunken in. But there are a lot of details on this car that need work to suit the wheels IMO. Mostly as I only like pre 73' 164's.

Sick car.:nod:

+1

BUT

I'm partial to cars that are modified in an era correct way, so finding a set of 70's looking wheels would set it off like crazy, at least in my mind.

It's all personal opinion of course, but I'd try to get some minilites or some Campagnolo wheels on it.

Even if you didn't, it'd still be an amazing car!

Your car is GORGEOUS
That said if you dig 'em, rock 'em!
That car is soooo mint, and the wheels, while different, look damn nice.
Lower it a little, tastefully.

Very nice job!

Now I'm not one of those Peg haters you see in these parts...but I'll be honest I'm not feeling it at all. That car is soooooooooooooooo tasty classic, it's just doesn't flow. Otherwise the car is simply amazing by the way.

I agree, pegs just don't fit the lines of the 164. Maybe, MAYBE if it was lowered.

Back