• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

SeanHodgins 1981 242 GLT

Don't really need spacers, but like I was saying you could tap it for M12 if you had a good enough tap for the stainless. Its pretty straight once you get all 4 bolts in.

I'm in Ohio again working at Honda, so the project is on hold yet again...

Is it enough space to put M10 threaded rod trough the flange and weld them in place on the bottom? Then you should have some nice studs.

Is it enough space to put M10 threaded rod trough the flange and weld them in place on the bottom? Then you should have some nice studs.

While I like that idea, I fear what happens when the nuts seize on those studs. It could turn into a huge PITA. Would be better off heli-coiling the holes at that point.

Goodies and Gauges

New turbo ish!
turboafr-4.jpg

Finally got the oil lines the way I want them.
turboafr-1.jpg

I decided to not fork out $90 for a AFR gauge for my LC-1 and made one with some parts I had kicking around.
turboafr-2.jpg

turboafr-3.jpg

Its running off an Arduino, and later I can other things like GPS speedometer and such things that I've been working on. I have so many of these kicking around..
It just takes a analog 0-5v signal and changes it to whatever I need output, in this case just 10-20AFR

The black piece is the gauge block off plate in a 240.

Slick! And that bay is looking good... How goes the body work?

Sorry dude, As I got further into it, it became a realization that it was way to rotted for even me to deem safe. I had to find another shell, really didn't want to though. Things like the trans supports were just done, stuff that would have been a nightmare to fix.

That is exactly what I've wanted to do for a wideband for years. Never had a project that's needed afr's monitored though. Sweet setup.

Yeah, its not working though! I think my LC-1 just sucks. I set the second output correct but its only giving out 2.4-2.5V no matter what the actual AFR is. The one going to the MS works though. May have to get a new wideband.

Did some awesome PO undoing today, as well as removed the accumulator since I have a real FPR now and no K-jet. Anyone who things you need a accumulator for an EFI car when using the k-jet pump is lying to themselves. Look at that awesome plumbing job! Secret fuel cut, never steal the car! :rofl:

sleepermode-8.jpg

Sleeper mode activated!

sleepermode-1.jpg

sleepermode-2.jpg

sleepermode-3.jpg

sleepermode-4.jpg

sleepermode-5.jpg

sleepermode-6.jpg

For some reason my oil gauge pegs, could it be a busted sender? or lack of ground? The dummy light works.

sleepermode-7.jpg

Oil feed nearly touching WG pipe? That things gonna glow.

It has some clearance to the manifold and WG pipe, but it will bounce around and possibly touch. It was something I was going to ask about, it has about 1cm clearance, think that's good? I need to make a small attachment there to hold it still. I have some extra -4AN line so I could make a new one that's longer and follow the contour of the turbine housing. I may do that now that you've worried me haha

I wouldn't trust that oil feed line the way its routed, Have it come off the turbo orthogonal to the turbine shaft.

I've seen an oil pressure gauge pinned before (ex's car. If you can't figure it out PM XxjenoxX see if she ever fixed it permanently) Iirc something other than the ground was shorting to ground. I'm saying that with as much know-how as I have, all my 240's have been carbed DL's. I only ever did suspension mods.

You're right it is a ground issue, I believe it happened to me before(just remembered), I need to wiggle the thread on it, I think it will fix it. I'm thinking now that I remember a bit of paint in the threads that are probably inhibiting the grounding of the gauge.

I've been out tuning the car, as it is insured, its getting there. Boosts pretty well, have a couple things to do still such as the oil line, and getting the oil cooler in.
Headlights.

I ended up just getting a new wideband, didn't trust the ****ty LC-1 and I couldn't update the program anymore so I think it was messed anyway. Ill keep it around for a spare. New one is working much better.

gauge-1.jpg

gauge-2.jpg

I think Ill turn my custom gauge into a GPS speedometer, since my cable driven speedo isn't connected to the trans, and I don't plan on it.

fail2border.jpg

Thanks, same ones I had on the black car I had /\ but need a little spiffing up. I don't not do black rims now apparently. Car still needs the rear lowered and wheels spaced out, but all in time, I'm just enjoying driving it. Better rubber of course now.

Trans is making a funny noise, like rubber on metal, I think maybe my rear end shifted or something and the dshaft is binding the rear output seal, but I'm not 100%, Ill check it out tomorrow. Car feels great other than that.

Just purchased TunerStudio earlier to use the Autotune feature and what not, I must say I'm quite impressed. Got a killer tune in about 30 min of driving. Worked really well. After a few low rpm 4th gear pulls AFRs are pretty rock solid, still need some work in the full boost area, but the boost onset and cruising and bang on where I want them.

Need a shift boot! Any ideas?

Did some hacking today.
Finally installed the oil cooler, probably a good idea.
waycooler-1.jpg

Goodbye high beam. I'm wiring high beams into the H4s.

waycooler-2.jpg

Getting way better at making these. Seconds

waycooler-3.jpg

waycooler-4.jpg

Getting busy in here, good thing no more lines are needed. Wow that sway bar mount looks like ass.
waycooler-5.jpg

waycooler-6.jpg

Did a John Grimsmo(The aspirator) test today. The test involves letting him drive the car and nothing else. It passed.

Back