• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

yay, unprogress!

stylngle2003

Board Member
my new cellphone takes pictures, so i took some documentation of a few cool things that have happened lately.

pic 1. Vette wheels! These are Towery disapproved, 17x9.5 all around, et56 :omg:. Pretty light (low 20s i'd guess) and undeniably cool, with a subtle lip... and they were $152 yesterday at the Super Chevy show! Plus, we got 3 hotdogs and 3 bottles of water out of the deal :) They look sweet mocked up next to the titebox, but theyre gonna be strictly for the 744

you don't think they're gonna fit, that they're gonna need way too much spacer?

Don't worry, I'm putting a 8.8 rear end in my 744, so the added track width of the diffy and the need to drill hubs anyway will make these fit with minimal spacerin'! I've fit 265/40-16 (right, michael?) on 16x9.5 et3 to my stock 744 rear before, and that should've only needed minor fender trimming, but then again, it was not low.

I'm thinking 245/40-17 or 255/40-17 for these wheels, probably RS2s, but if the 9.5s don't fit in front I would also have the option of swapping the 9.5" fronts out for 17x8.5s and the same 56et, since sawblade 8.5" wheels came stock on the front axle on 93-96 basemodel vettes. 17x11 et36 in the same sawblade style was on the rear of the ZR1s back then :nod: I think it's a good long-term wheel choice, because vette guys take care of their cars, and the options for brakes is endless in chev bolt pattern.

pic 2. pucci approves of my wheel choice. barely. she's 1/2 dachsund, 1/2 pomeranian, and 100% bitch, but I love her. 16lbs of fury. winky does not approve (one-eyed tibetan in the background).

pic 3. the tentacle snuggling up to the titebox. :oogle: more e-codery than most people can handle.

this is from when mike and megan came to visit Richmond, VA and Knox Motorsports. Lawrence and Mike built a 2.5" mandrel bent straight through exhaust for the tentacle wagon, we ate chicken, dynotuned the wagon, and generally did cool stuff. most recent documentation that titebox still exists (up until the mangohick meet, that is).

That's all for now. When I get some time I'll start a project thread for the resurrection of my blue car.

Attachments

• 2.2.jpg
    2.2.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 558
  • 2.3.jpg
    2.3.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 557
  • 2.4.jpg
    2.4.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 558
Last edited:
Let me know when you get to narrowing the 8.8", I know some people in town that can do it properly.

Looks good though, the wheels should be painfully 80's.

They'll fit. Then again, I say that 12.5's would fit (they would, with enough work, and you're a pussy for not going bigger!)

Let me know when you get to narrowing the 8.8", I know some people in town that can do it properly.

Looks good though, the wheels should be painfully 80's.

They'll fit. Then again, I say that 12.5's would fit (they would, with enough work, and you're a pussy for not going bigger!)

exactly. add some e30/peter linssen fenders and anything is possible.

What 8.8 are you using that results in a track width increase on a 700? Lengthening the short side on a ford explorer axle?

i was under the impression it ended up 3/4" wider versus a stock 740/940 axle. Do you have a tip to tip measurement handy? the locker diff out of my 940 parts car is something like 60-61" wide iirc.

more pics, mocked up on 2x4s in front of my blue car. man i miss that thing.

i think it looks rad.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 337
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 337
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 336
I think Kenny's is 58.5" hub to hub but I am just pulling that number out of the old noggin.

Also are you sure those wheels are from a ZR1?

The 2000 explorer 8.8 I have in the garage is 59.5" WMS to WMS. All of the 700/940 solid axle rears I've ever seen (including the 3 I have in the garage) are 59.5" WMS to WMS.

Mustang 8.8" rears (disc type) are closer to 61" WMS to WMS. Don't really know as I don't have one in the garage. :-P

-simon

Back