• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

My Ambition

Murdering_a_GT

Hello everyone my name is Joe and I love Volvo's. I think I was around 14 when I saw my first 242 and that was the day I found my Dream car. About a year ago I bought my dream car a clean interior 1980 242GT with 140,000 miles and (SUPER-ULTRA-MEGA RARE IPD WHEELS). I drove about 6 hours to pick it up than I drove it all the way home with no issues. I bought the car knowing it was a rust bucket but something told me I had to have it now I'm suffering the consequences. This is my first Real project car and I think I'm in over my head. My goals and standards I have for the car far outweigh my knowledge and skills which is the reason I joined TurboBricks and so far Ive experienced a lot of negativity, ill-will comments, and a **** ton of trolling... I ask that you guys keep that bs out of this thread. That said I need all the help I can get with this project so please help me! I look forward to getting to know everyone and completing this project!

When I bought it:

center>

My Amition:

center>

I joined TurboBricks and so far Ive experienced a lot of negativity, ill-will comments, and a **** ton of trolling... I ask that you guys keep that bs out of this thread. That said I need all the help I can get with this project so please help me! I look forward to getting to know everyone and completing this project!
It works like this...
A lot of us have been here a long time and know a lot about these cars. We've seen, done and heard everything. Don't try to BS us and you won't get negativity and trolling. There is nothing wrong with being new, but if you try to pull one over on us, you are 100% sure to be called out on it.

Wipe the slate clean, quit whining about it and simply move on.

Good luck with your project. There are lots of people here that can help.

It works like this...
A lot of us have been here a long time and know a lot about these cars. We've seen, done and heard everything. Don't try to BS us and you won't get negativity and trolling. There is nothing wrong with being new, but if you try to pull one over on us, you are 100% sure to be called out on it.

Wipe the slate clean, quit whining about it and simply move on.

Good luck with your project. There are lots of people here that can help.

I don't doubt you and I'm sure you're full of knowledge but you've got it twisted I was not trying to pull one over on you or anyone. I will admit to being uninformed but instead of calling people out (starting a fire and burning someones whole thread down) I wish you would have helped by constructively informing me. The past is in the past from this point on no BS lol and Thanks I appreciate it I'm looking forward to all the help you OG's can bring me!

EH, On any Forum, You will get "hassled" till we figure you out, That's life in the innerwebs. Think of it as initiation in a Fraternity (VOA) Volvo Omega Alpha (I just made that up). So, take a few licks, become one of us.....
Ignore the haters, keep calm and prepare to learn and maybe even show us a thing. We are a bunch of old grumpy men and hipsters here ;) and a few nice people and even a female or two.

I have a Silver 83 242 in storage that I will get back out on the roads one of these days too, they can be sweet rides that you won't see yourself coming and going in. I like your ambition. Hope to see it completed.

Does it look the same as when you bought it? I'd keep it like it is. Put correct coilovers and roll correction on it if you want it lowered, and call it a day.

So........where ya gonna start? I suspect a thorough Stage One is in order first?

Back