• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Turbobricks solution to yellowed headlights?

:nod:

I was going to say #2500 as a last cut before polish but it's not a common grit.

3m makes 2 micron/7500 grit diamond polishing pads, Abrasive Technology makes 8500 grit pads. 14,400 is generally optical quality but that's in a paste. . The 3M rep had a sheet of 50,000 grit one time, which I promptly ruined by rubbing it on a granite counter top. He said they use it for making semi conductors.

The Sylvania kit seems great on PF's very thorough (as usual) test.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/iDB5U4QUdD0" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Great video! Thank You. Ordered two of the Sylvania kits, way better than 4-800 dollars for new ones. I have most of what they use, a nice little SnapOn 3" pistol grip with 3M sandpaper up to 3000, but not the sealers or the right polishes.

Again, thanks gentlemen, Larry

3m makes 2 micron/7500 grit diamond polishing pads, Abrasive Technology makes 8500 grit pads. 14,400 is generally optical quality but that's in a paste. . The 3M rep had a sheet of 50,000 grit one time, which I promptly ruined by rubbing it on a granite counter top. He said they use it for making semi conductors.

50,000 grit, damn! I use 11,000 grit for final polish on my japanese chisels and you can not see a defect with that grit with a magnifying glass. Learn something new every day.

Great video! Thank You. Ordered two of the Sylvania kits, way better than 4-800 dollars for new ones. I have most of what they use, a nice little SnapOn 3" pistol grip with 3M sandpaper up to 3000, but not the sealers or the right polishes.

Again, thanks gentlemen, Larry

You can substitute rubbing compound [white diamond] and finishing / dark color compound [black magic] to finish them after the wet sanding.

Last edited:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4U9xh0u6WEE" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This video looks like it produces pretty promising results.

I was looking for a good clear coat to give it a whirl, but I stumbled into the wrong neighborhood of the internet and ended up ordering some e-codes.

Oops :oops:

Back