• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Panel goop???

nel621

Been working on my coupe again and as I take panels off I find this off white, somewhat sticky stuff between some of the panels. What is it and is it really necessary?

Thanks. So far found it between inner and outer fenders ( fenders removed ). Also between the lower radiator panel and headlight supports. Didn't notice any on the upper radiator support.

But, but, I'm doing a restoration. ??????
OK if you need to move this.

Understandable misunderstanding haha, projects & resto is more whole car, background and pics of processes that have been done to the car over a period of time (usually long)

Understandable misunderstanding haha, projects & resto is more whole car, background and pics of processes that have been done to the car over a period of time (usually long)

:nod:

That's been the case since they moved it out of showroom into the mechanical section.

This project is taking forever. There are less parts on the car now. The engine will not come out. Most of the car is in primer and I got a friend who does body work who will help me finish it, hopefully in less than 2 months.
http://turbobricks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=279856

projects & restorations
Long term single thread ground-up project documentation and build process threads only.

I'm OK using paint strippers and also using a DA sander to remove paint. I'm pretty good using a hammer and dolly to get panels flat and use minimal filler. I suck at welding and need much more practice. Putting it all back together is no big deal ( kinda like a very big blower motor repair :lol: ). Only thing is keeping track of all the parts. The more time that goes by stuff just gets moved around ( misplaced/lost ). That is the sucky part.

Back