• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Deleting Brake Distribution Block.

TurboDenny

Why am I here?
As I'm wrapping up the install on my ATS brake upgrade on my 244, I noticed the distribution block was damp. Upon attempting to break free one of the brake lines the entire port broke off the block. I sat there staring at it in frustration, but then realized this is a great time to delete this dreaded device.

:grrr:
https://imgur.com/EeFr4DE

What is the best way to replace it? Adjustable proportioning valves are fairly inexpensive.
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-g3906/overview/

I assume the dual inlet, triple outlet setup on the one linked above is for both front calipers and a single line to the rear? Or is there a more simple setup?

Fairly new to the "performance braking" field. This is a street car that is driven spiritedly through long, twisty country roads.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Put a block from a 91 or newer block in. You can probably delete the portioning valves if yoyleft the stock 240 calipers in the rear. I did not on mine but probably should have.

It has to be a '91 only, non-ABS junction block. No sensor to leak, but it still has all of the ports for the 2-line front calipers.

We've had to get Volvo to reinstate several part numbers that were discontinued even though they still have stock in Sweden. GCP shows that there's 90 of them currently in stock.

We've had to get Volvo to reinstate several part numbers that were discontinued even though they still have stock in Sweden. GCP shows that there's 90 of them currently in stock.

Thanks. I ordered one from VP just to have it in case I need it someday before the go extinct.
Dave

wow broke of like that with a wrench? guess you know why it was damp! it's amazing it took 2000 p.s.i. of hydralic pressure lol

Back