• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

1990 volvo aw70 transmission fittings on radiator/cooler

jjona5

Anyone happen to know what size these fittings are? I'm adding a aux cooler to my car and I want to just put two 90s in between the line and the radiator and run that to the external cooler. I took my IPD flush line thing that came with the car up to a few hardware stores and it seems to be in between the sizes they offer. I thought about just cutting my IPD flush line and using it but I don't really know what that hose they use is rated for since it shouldn't ever really have pressure on it when its used to flush.

Ok well I bought the barbed fittings and went ahead and installed the Hayden 1677 transmission cooler. I used a piece of 1" angle aluminum about 8 inches long to mount it behind the grill and also bent some metal to brace the bottom.

I routed it transmission to Hayden to radiator built in cooler to transmission. Guess what this transmission cooler is actually cooling down the radiator a bit. Going into the Hayden cooler the transmission fluid was 119 out of it 98. Then when it comes out of the radiator it is back up to 114. Pretty neat. This was after a spirited drive around town idling in my driveway. I am in Houston, TX btw. It is pretty hot here and it had been idling for a bit in my driveway while I grabbed my thermometer.

Last edited:
Back