• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Weird Engine and Trans Issue 95 940T

1slo9_4_oh

Weird issue. 1995 940t

Car is having a mis cold, warms up and then a miss between 5-6k and all while this is happening the trans is holding the gear.

All I did was replace intercooler piping, couplers and deleted the bov/reinstall cbv

Trying to diagnose it but anything I try, I have either fixed or have replaced in the past.

But feel free to chime in on any suggestions and I'll let you know if I have replaced/fixed/or overlooked

Car has gone through a Stage 0 phase.
Did a ipd turbo cam, 2.5 exhaust and do88 intercooler all within last 2-3 months.. disregard Sig- not the car I'm talking about

It looks like the issue has happened to a ton of people with no definite answer on a resolution. I'm leaning towards it being a bad tps switch

Last edited:
Tps won't cause that. Tps only tells the system if it is at idle or wot (non turbo). No affect of mixture or timing outside those two points.

Reason im guessing its a bad tps switch is when unplugged at idle the car returns to normal idle.. 850-9 and smooth. Plugged in its idling at about 450-500. And makes my ipd turbo cam sound like a vx stage 3 lmfao

Back