• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Need radio code for Volvo 240

Oreo931

Post-It-Note on wheels
Hey guys,
I have a friend who recently purchased a 240 and his radio is reading "CODE"

This is the VIN:
YV1AA8854M1904931

It is a 1991 240.
If you can get me the radio code, I would really appreciate it.
Thanks in advance!

Call a dealer.

I searched and saw that members on here were able to give the radio code because they work at the dealer...I was hoping that would be the case with this thread as well.

Hi would you be able to get me the code for my radio as well? I just got my 1993 Volvo 240 and the dealership over here claims they can't get my code. My VIN is YV1AS 8803P 14831 92

Shane

So is there some secret data base to get these codes from the VIN? Fortunately when I bought my 740, the previous owner had written the code on the front of the owner's manual with black marker. I now have it on a label inside the glove box.

Jesse8931, could you get one more radio code please , I have a 1990, 760 vin YV1GA8741L0086355 . Will keep it forever! Thanks.

Hi is it possible to look up the radio code using the radio's serial number alone? I recently purchased a used SC-811 radio off eBay which has no code, radio part numbe 3533535 and the serial number is B41272562. If I can get the code that would be great as I hope I haven't just bought an expensive paperweight!

Got the code from the SF dealer! All set now, the San Diego dealer wanted to charge me $10 for it, good advice to call around...

Cheers,

Hi is it possible to look up the radio code using the radio's serial number alone? I recently purchased a used SC-811 radio off eBay which has no code, radio part numbe 3533535 and the serial number is B41272562. If I can get the code that would be great as I hope I haven't just bought an expensive paperweight!

Yes, the dealer can use the radio part number and serial number to look up the code. I have them do it quite often since so many Volvos I buy have had their stereos replaced.

Back