• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

195/65-15 on Grandpa 765?

OldGrandpaTune

The Road Warrior
So my lady's Kia had loud tire noise and cupped the inner sides of her Yokohama's. New struts and ball joints are on the way from Rock Auto.

Got stock ride height with rebuilt bushings, and the nivomats out back were replaced with the ipd kit.

I know we are supposed to run 45 aspect ratio tires on huge wheels and cut out some spring coils. I just want to see if my shot 195/60's on 15" wheels can be replaced with 195/65's that will be a tiny bit taller. Free tires trumps Stance on the old person street I live on (who hate me anyway due to the Flowmaster and custom exhaust).

Yes they fit. But thin tires cause traction loss....

IMG_0565.JPG

Thanks everyone. I still remember having a blast with my 245 with 195/70-14's, IPD sway bars and Tokico shocks.

Got a new motor at the machine shop with a mild build going on. With an automatic I am not super worried about hooking up. Also, it snows here and the Yokohama Avids are a great all season.

Thanks everyone. I still remember having a blast with my 245 with 195/70-14's, IPD sway bars and Tokico shocks.

Got a new motor at the machine shop with a mild build going on. With an automatic I am not super worried about hooking up. Also, it snows here and the Yokohama Avids are a great all season.

They aren't as nice as they used to be. I have noticed them wearing down far before warranty periods, and being useless on wet pavement or snow if the tread is below 6-7/32"

They aren't as nice as they used to be. I have noticed them wearing down far before warranty periods, and being useless on wet pavement or snow if the tread is below 6-7/32"

Guess I'll find out. Had the previous generation on my Z3 and it was nice in all seasons. Yokohomas are famous for wearing fast though.

They had a set of 4 BF Goodrich Touring T/A's for her Kia at Sams Club out the door for 375 bucks. I'll use up the Yoko's on the Volvo then figure out what to do next. Even a couple of years is better than selling them and taking the Craigslist hit. If no snow traction though then things are going to get interesting pretty quick.

Back