• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

1965 Volvo Amazon. A steal of a deal!

Willic162

I found this car on craigslist and bought it for $600. It came with a bunch of parts and its already on bags.
IxnT9NS.jpg

Anything you can tell us about the bags?
specs if you have any.
pics?

Washington state? I see a Fir tree in your pic. If so I missed that on CL.
Looks like fun.

Yeah the guy didn't know what he had. I wasn't even looking to get an Amazon but my brother found it online and it was a deal I couldn't pass up.

Nahh just kidding. The engine that came with it is actually overhauled already with the b18 bottom head with the b20f head. And a single Weber carb and a 4 to 1 header. So I'll probably drive that for awhile and build a 16v turbo or a T5 or a T6. Just something made by Volvo and fast.

I haven't got the chance to get this on the streets yet so I'm not sure how it rides without struts. But I'm guessing its gonna be pretty bouncy. And the back bags are just the same as the front.

How does the front ride with just the bags and no shocks? Any photos of the rear bags?

the person who installed these bags didn't do a very good job securing them in. When we raise the car up they pop out of the seat so its not a very good example on how to install them. I found a thread of a guy in Norway who put bags on his amazon that are fabricated way nicer than ours and is well documented. Hope this helps you.

here is the link
http://forum.vccn.no/showthread.php?1380-Eternal-Custom-Prosjekt-Amazon-Anno-1963!-Karosseri-arbeidet-godt-igang!/page5

P.S. Im the OP's brother

Back