• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Jah 240 Plus Turbooo

It looks awesome on the track! Love the wheels! :-P

Good job tho, I'd really like to build one like yours just for drifting and fun, but the lack of drift events and my financial status does not really approve this kind of things. Someday... :cool:

Thanks! Yeah, its a lotta fun...and surprisingly not too much money (i say as I'm broke...haha)

Yeah coilovers will make a huge difference and you will be able to run those sweet crown vic wheels

Yuuppp. I just need new tires for the fronts haha, I had no grip at all last time I used em. I had the steering wheel at full lock left and still going straight...

Why does it keep double posting?

Last edited:
Been a while since an update but a few things have happened.

The night before the drift event was way too easy...me and my friends had all our cars and stuff ready to go by 8pm. So I started the drive to a friends concert when my clutch cable finally snapped... Stuck on the side of the road, the night before i have to leave at 7:15am, i start making calls to see if anyone has a clutch cable in town...obvious no haha. Then i figured i would have to macgyver something and came up with a "fail-proof" plan. I had a friend give me a ride to home depot and i got some wire rope clamps and a loop guide.

Like this:
wire%20rope%20turn%20back%20procedure.jpg

The plan was to wrap the loop around the clutch fork and clamp it because i thought there was enough slack...but there wasn't. Then i took an old dog leash (the cable kind) and stripped away the coating so it would slide through the clutch cable sleeve. I left the end with the hook/clip on it since i know thats a strong connection. I ran the other end through the counter weight, then the fork, then the cable sleeve and to the pedal. At the pedal, i ran it through the hole on top and looped it through the cable clamps.

Clutch fork end:
NH9thih.jpg

It was actually working pretty well for a while so i went home and got ready for the morning. The drive down to orlando was great, absolutely no issues, clutch cable holding up all the way to the pits.

cxsMv2X.jpg

Nervous, i took it out for a lap and thought "if i baby it, it'll break later and i won't have time to fix it" so i just drove normal and clutch kicked just as i normally would haha. I guess no one drifts Volvos in florida cause i just kept getting all kinds of looks and compliments and questions and pictures the whole day...even though i suck haha. Pretty cool though, driving something way different and unique. You definitely get way more pictures than your normal 240sx with something like this.

So far my favorite pic...
Duets5n.jpg

MSwyewV.jpg

g2fSeUe.jpg

I guess nows a good time to mention the wheels...

I didn't have anywhere near enough front grip so i started looking for better tires, but instead I picked up some real cobra r wheels for pretty cheap, I've always liked 5 spoke and mustang wheels. These are 17x9 et23 front and 17x10.5 et23 (i think, or close) rear. The rears don't fit, they rub the metal plate piece next to the rear calipers thats attached to the frame. I plan on getting new quality hub centric adapters, since I've broken 3 studs on these eBay ones already haha, so ill get bigger ones for the rear. Then i gotta cut and weld the top of the rear wheel well cause they rub up there too. The fronts fit surprisingly well yet still rub since my suspension is so soft. By the time i got home, it rubbed enough heat to ruin the paint on the outside haha.

DPXD1z4.jpg

They do look great on the car though...
qv81M17.jpg

W61ZaX2.jpg

HOcXCGY.jpg

qLyr1OD.jpg

All the pictures in the grassy setting are from this awesome place some people we met at OSW took us to on Sunday. The place is in the middle of nowhere and has these tight turns and streets that people drift all the time. Theres a bunch of crazy dirt drops that range from like 6 inches to over a foot. Its kinda sketchy for most but i wasn't too worried in my monster truck haha. I was mainly worried about bending something. I definitely dirt dropped a lot, my exhaust rattles now, but it was super fun and well worth it.

WMQWzJS.jpg

I got a couple video clips but every time i pull out a go pro, its either dead or the card is full haha. Ill put em all together and post it soon.

Thanks! I've got a big list of things i want to do to get it to slide better, just trying to get as much seat time as possible! That drone shot is the coolest pic ive seen of this car so far! Dude is actually a pro drone racer, he said hes making a video and he'll send me all the footage afterwards!

Quick video of some random clips. GoPro's had no memory or battery so some clips were cut off...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/csgu2kwYD0Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I ended up getting invited to a friends birthday drift event on Saturday as well as a car show and had to prep the car for those. I got a fresh clutch cable and started cleaning the engine and bay. I also had to fit the rear cobra wheels which are 17"x10.5" haha. Had to use a slip on spacer since it rubbed inside and had to cut the top of the fender. I also couldnt fit them with the 255/40 i planned on using and had to stretch a 235/45 haha.

Y424J7j.jpg

I think they look great with all 4.

xB3me9F.jpg

My friend lent me his roof rack which helped distribute the weight better and i ended up not rubbing too bad. Unfortunately, on the way to his place i forgot to put in my hood pins again and my hood now looks like a spoon haha.

B0hnptk.jpg

On the way down, without a hood, i noticed a little puff of white smoke every once in a while and thought my turbo was leaking again. I looked and noticed my oil cap was leaking. Since i was in a rush, i just drove like that all the way to Orlando and made it just in time to park with other Volvos at the show. I forgot all about it and left to the drift event and did a few laps, since it was an open hot-lap event, before i remembered. Checked the oil and it was kinda low. I ended up making a new "seal" with RTV and a zip-tie baggie.

SwvRYVu.jpg

Worked great all the way through the event, got a TON of seat time, and made it home safe. Looks pretty sick sliding with the roof rack haha

O3mApjR.jpg

My bands new album is coming out tomorrow (shameless plug haha) so i started on my sound system finally. I found some little pioneers at the junkyard a while back and they fit the stock door speaker spot quite well. Hopefully they work, i never actually tested them haha

ijkopXj.jpg

D782hvj.jpg

RKd4CCm.jpg

D4HYnht.jpg

Next is the head unit...i used the original spot for my gauges and also butchered the wiring for them haha. So gotta sort that and rear speakers out.

Did a couple things recently.

I mounted this cool old school Fiat steering wheel

oKlwG3S.jpg

Obviously it didnt have the 6 bolt mounting holes for the momo adapter so i just drilled those in. I was gonna counter sink them but it probably wont stay in long...this #2 pencil suuuucks to drift with haha

6bGdre4.jpg

It rained so i put the ugly red hood (i thought was in great condition when i got it) on

ZVBXrym.jpg

Its actually bent and wont line up at all...oh well

oNbhFvq.jpg

Also, i gave my friend back his kicker amp cause i wont make the most use out of it and he ended up giving me a little 4 channel amp.

KRwD1LE.jpg

I made a bracket to mount it and since i dont have a head unit, i wired a swith in to turn it on and off. I just plug the aux cable straight in for now since i dont even have rear speakers. The switch is the "make my seat rumble" switch haha

MMOeonb.jpg

Hahaha, for real though, throwin this out there. My band "JAHMEN" (hence the name) just released an album "Open Your Eyes" on pretty much every available music distribution site. So if ya like reggae, it's cheap, it'll help us out, and support a fellow Volvo person haha.

(Shameless plug)

I like where you've gone with the car. you've given it a lot more character than it started out with.

I checked out your album btw, sounds pretty good! I'm not huge into reggae, but you guys definitely have talent! :cool:

Back