• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Homer's 1990 240 redblock exorcism

Oh right. My driveshaft is currently being balanced. One cannot always get away with mixing and matching driveshafts.

Oh right. My driveshaft is currently being balanced. One cannot always get away with mixing and matching driveshafts.

I've wondered if swapping /mixing different DS halves would or wouldn't work. Has it worked OK for you before/other times?

I have a bunch of early, small OD manual trans 240 D/S......and am curious.

I've wondered if swapping /mixing different DS halves would or wouldn't work. Havs it worked OK for you before? I have a bunch of early, small OD manual trans 240 D/S......and am curious.

Just heard back from the shop. The driveshaft balance is perfect. It didn't need any balancing. The center support bearing is noisy though.

Just changed the oil. A momentous update I know.
It appears my engine has consumed .5 qts over the past 5k miles.
That damn 960 oil pan holds so much oil.

HI HOMER I LOVE YOUR SWAP AND YOURE CAR IS SUPER SEXY DOSE THE T5 DROP RIGHT IN THE 240 BECAUSE I WANT ONE INSIDE MY 240 PLEASE CAN YOU HELP ME DO IT THANK YOU

just got to say i love your car man. its what dreams are made of

you ready for ipd?!
I promised everyone my car would be there...the hell if its going to be driving by then, but ill still make sure it gets there :)

Except for a major clean of the car, yah. Going solo. It'll be a long 3 days but only the first 6 hours will suck for scenery.

Did a trip to STL today to meet some TB'ers. 4 hours each way, 25 mpg at 76mpeeeehhhhs. The car eats miles almost as well as the audi.

Great meeting you Mr. Homer! As I have said before in this thread and today in person, love the car and the attention to detail in the swap. Hopefully all signs point to a smooth trip to ipd. Interested to see some numbers from tomorrow...

Great meeting you Mr. Homer! As I have said before in this thread and today in person, love the car and the attention to detail in the swap. Hopefully all signs point to a smooth trip to ipd. Interested to see some numbers from tomorrow...

Thanks. Always great to put faces to names.

Glad your trip back was so uneventful.

That T5 motor pulls so cleanly, smoothly, evenly. Big contrast to the very peaky nature of the 16V in my 240.

Back