• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 Stealth Boost Control

Karl Buchka

UPDATE: Post #37 has info on the completed assembly, as well as some useful part numbers.

Installing an LCD for a VEMS in one of the center blower outlets, Homer-Style:

photo.JPG

Since that adjuster knob is now useless, I did this:

photo%25204.JPG

Delrin gear meshes with the stock knob that turns a pot. Hook that up to an analog input on the VEMS and you've got in-cabin adjustable boost using the old vent knob.

I'll put a small circuit board together to hold everything in place, but that's the easy part.

Last edited:
Hahaha awesome, now just hope your passenger doesn't try to re-aim the vent and change your boost settings. If a passenger fits in that car.

Thanks guys.

I'm tempted to buy a slightly different gear to see if I can make this closer to drop-in. I had to shave the teeth down a bit and make a stepped bushing to locate the gear and hold the pot.

I love the ingenuity, this really speaks to the old days of oreo boost control on the old group A rally cars of yesteryear.

I've sacrificed a vent as well to put LED gauges behind, and I put 'smoke' acrylic in front of it so when the ignition is switched off you dont see anything modern in the car (70's Impala).

Back