• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 vacuum hose routing diagram....

When you get the wagon running properly you'll find it to be a good work horse. It's too bad that the previous owner messed up all the vacuum system, and who knows what else. :roll:

When you get the wagon running properly you'll find it to be a good work horse. It's too bad that the previous owner messed up all the vacuum system, and who knows what else. :roll:
well, i went out to do some more work on the car today and to my surprise, another little problem has raised it little head. The wagon has a roof rack on it; looks stock. The back 2 mounting legs have 2 machine bolts in each leg (4 all together) holding the rack to the wagons roof. Seems the Arizona heat has struck again; all 4 bolts have pulled up and out of the roof leaving 4 large holes, about 1/2" in diameter. The mounts are totally rotted away; looks like some sort of rubber material, cant really tell as all thats left is the machine screw screwed into a metal fitting.

Local Volvo dealer has no idea what i was trying to describe to him but assured me that they didn't carry any parts to fix it. I couldn't find an appropriate place here on the forum to ask how to fix this new problem, so i thought I would ask here. Anyone had this happen to their 245 wagons roof rack? maybe there is an aftermarket kit to plug the holes, after removing the roof rack?

I went down to home depot looking for some kind of a plug but had no luck. i believe there are 10 holes altogether. I am open to any suggestions.......

YES........

Most definately; at least its a start. It shows me where the heater vent supply vacuum line originates (that big hose from the intake manifold) anf quite possibly the cruise control vacuum too. The diagram is a little confusing due to it not showing the size of the vacuum lines in ENGLISH inches! All of the pieces are in the storage bins located in the back of the wagon, including new vacuum hose!!

....as for the removal of the bad gas from my gas tank, I will have to locate someone with a suction pump as I do not have one. thank you TrickMick and everyone else for the helpful information

If your gonna replace the fuel filter why not just use the fuel pump to drain the old fuel ??

If your gonna replace the fuel filter why not just use the fuel pump to drain the old fuel ??

Some little prick stole my new Die Hard battery the 3rd night after i brought it home. i got it handled though.....having my room mate drop the tank for me. i checked the wires going to the sender unit (really ?) and they are as bad as the engine compartment wires were, before i re did them.

just got nailed by at least 20 emails with prices and sizes of rubber hole plugs from all over the world!!!

guy on local Craigslist (Phoenix, AZ) has them in bulk; a pack of 20 X 1/2" ( and metric sizes too) rubber hole plugs for $8.00 free s/h!

thank you for the help everyone.....

smokeejoee

Back