• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

740 turbo cheap easy mods

You will hit fuel cut soon. MAF signal will be maxed out at 5v. That will be the limiting factor.

Im looking for a bit more out of my 740. I already put a free flowing exhaust and opened up the intake. Anything else I can do to get a little more out of it? Not trying to win a race or anything just like tinkering around for power
Adjust waste gate to 10psi. Put intake back like it was.
Also read through 12 years worth of threads asking the same question.
There are no specific answers to your question because you didn't ask a specific question.
The easiest way to increase power is to increase boost. Whatever suggestions beyond that are dependent on what you intend to gain and how much money you intend to spend.
Ya we're all dicks so prepare yourself for sarcastic snippetry.

Best way to avoid fuel cut is with a chip. Or by not maxing out that signal, via different maf.

But like ^he said, 10psi on stock turbo shouldn't be enough to hit fuel cut.

You might just start with a good stage zero..

After you get your car running spot on and you figure out how to up the boost get a wide band o2, go to a muffler shop and have them weld a bung in the downpipe for something like this http://www.wide-band.com If you run lean figure out how to give it more fuel, if you run rich figure out why before you spin bearings or do anything else dumb.

Ok I can weld no problem what does a wide band o2 sensor do? Richen it up? Do they make a aftermarket maf

Ok I can weld no problem what does a wide band o2 sensor do? Richen it up? Do they make a aftermarket maf

Measures the air to fuel ratio so you know what is safe and what isn't. Common necessity with any gas turbo car your modifying really. Run stock maf (called by its Volvo name here "air mass meter" or AMM). Just get it running right first do what we call a stage 0 first.

You can install bigger injectors and/or add octane and turn up the boost. But right now, if you are cutting out, need to fix that first. It's along the list with stage zero stuff (all the neglected/broken parts on your car) that should be fixed FIRST before modding power output.

Learn how to read a wiring diagram. Which wire is the signal wire for the MAF? (hint: it's one of three wires)

lh24.jpg

You can install bigger injectors and/or add octane and turn up the boost. But right now, if you are cutting out, need to fix that first. It's along the list with stage zero stuff (all the neglected/broken parts on your car) that should be fixed FIRST before modding power output.

Learn how to read a wiring diagram. Which wire is the signal wire for the MAF? (hint: it's one of three wires)

lh24.jpg

What's the diagram for? Are you seriously suggestion that he's hitting the fuel cut on a bone stock car with stock boost?

Op, if you like tinkering with your car your pike me and pretty much everybody on this forum, just but yourself a 15 dollar boost gauge, a good ball and spring mbc and turn it up sllowwwlyy, until you right around ten. I just added one to my otherwise stock 940 and love it such a noticeable difference, great fun. Just be careful, playing with boost is like playing g with fire! Have fun

Ahem ahem.
Save money, buy the right thing.

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/scg1.php

All-in-one, intelligent boost control and wideband air/fuel ratio gauge

- Controller and display housed in 52mm (2 1/6”) diameter gauge body
- Interchangeable faceplates & bezels: Black & silver bezel, black & white faceplates included
- No PC required for configuration
- OLED user configurable display
- Boost, shift light, Air/Fuel ratio
- AFR or Lambda, inHG, PSI, kPa, or BAR
- Includes high resolution solenoid
- 4 BAR map sensor, pressure range -29 inHG to 43.5 PSI (-1 to 3 BAR)
- User programmable boost cut safety using Air/Fuel and Pressure references
- Programmable solenoid duty cycle with separate gain control function
- Peak hold function
- Patented DirectDigital™ wideband sensor control, the only 100% digital wideband air/fuel ratio technology!
- Wideband O? Compatible with several fuel types (Leaded, Unleaded, Diesel, E85 & more)
- Ability to calibrate O? sensor for maximum accuracy
- Configurable linear 0-5v analog output for wideband O? for use with piggy back or stand alone ECU’s as well as external data loggers
- Innovate MTS serial in/out (for use with other Innovate & 3rd party MTS enabled devices to add additional logging channels)
- 4 channels of log-able data with powerful LogWorks PC Software (MAP, RPM, A/F, WG duty)

Back