home register FAQ memberlist calendar

Go Back   Turbobricks Forums > Mechanical > performance & modifications

Old 06-18-2016, 08:34 PM   #1
TomX95

Default Volvo 960 II automatic trans shift-pattern?

Do anyone do know where i can find shift pattern info and such things for the asin 30-43LE ?

Its the latest transmission, total electric controlled. I do want to insert a microsquirt and remap the shift pattern. So i need some info
TomX95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 10:51 PM   #2
Canadan
Board Member

edit: tried to delete

Last edited by Canadan; 06-18-2016 at 10:57 PM..
Canadan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 03:58 AM   #3
HiSPL
Board Member

Look up ThePoi's build. He did paddle shifters for his. Should be enough info there to get you going.

I think though that the MS won't do it. At least not easily. There's a separate trans controller in the 960. Wiring harness will be in a different spot.
HiSPL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 07:21 PM   #4
gross polluter
They see me trollin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiSPL View Post
I think though that the MS won't do it. At least not easily. There's a separate trans controller in the 960. Wiring harness will be in a different spot.
Wrong. Been there, done that. There aren't many controls on a 30-40, simple as cake, especially with the newer microshift firmware that's out.

1968 Furd Rustang fastberk | 2JZGTE VVTi | MS3X ECU | PT6776S | 4L80e Microsquirt TCU Sloppy Transbrake | 3.73 8.8" rear end

1981 Piper Cherokee Archer II | All stock
gross polluter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 07:23 PM   #5
badvlvo
Bad for Babies

^^ Nick did his, Poi did his, LT did his and I tweaked it to work right... several have done it. I liked it, others didn't.

93 245 m47 300k miles, one owner, zero compression
badvlvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 07:25 PM   #6
PNW940Pwnage
Board Member

Did anyone ever follow through with a tweaked transmission ECU for a more sporty drive in the 850 or 960? There was talk about it back in the day but I never saw anything.
PNW940Pwnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 07:25 PM   #7
gross polluter
They see me trollin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by badvlvo View Post
I liked it, others didn't.
When doing the 4L80e swap on the rustang recently, I was hesitant because the last time I MS'd a tranny was four years ago when MegaShift was the only firmware available. Horrific shift tables and shift hysteresis never worked. The new Trans Control firmware found on MSExtra's site is far superior, and works like stock trans controls do. Separate upshift and downshift tables FTW. No more non functioning hysteresis.
gross polluter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 01:37 AM   #8
TomX95

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiSPL View Post
Look up ThePoi's build. He did paddle shifters for his. Should be enough info there to get you going.

I know about the Poi, but I think he just installed a "suprastick", a paddle system for early Toyota supra moddels. The kit is almoust bolt-on, so he didnt need this info.
I konw that the trans got its own ecu

My problem/ what I need ithe shift pattern diagram for the transmission. And a HZ/ duty table would be nice too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gross polluter View Post
Wrong. Been there, done that. There aren't many controls on a 30-40, simple as cake, especially with the newer microshift firmware that's out.
My trans is a 30-43 LE, maybe the same trans we are talking about. Do you know where to get such info?

I got a 964 95 mod whit B6304s, but oem they only come as 2,5 liters....... And they got a very high difrensial ratio. So there is no transmission ecu that fits this option.. That causes mye car to act wierd.... I have some experince whit megasquirt, and i do have a microsquirt Controller just waiting for some fun.

Last edited by TomX95; 06-20-2016 at 01:43 AM..
TomX95 is offline   Reply With Quote