• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 Replacing B pillar trim

`pr0digy

We bought new b pillar trim for our 93 244. Got things somewhat disassembled and now realize we don't know how to get the seatbelt through the hole in the new trim. Old one was all cracked so it just pulled right off. One end has the buckle seen in and it doesn't seem like we can get it through without breaking our nice new trim, the other end is in the tensioner/pulley on the floor.

Before I go and take apart the tensioner, is there a better way of doing this I'm too stupid to see?

We bought new b pillar trim for our 93 244. Got things somewhat disassembled and now realize we don't know how to get the seatbelt through the hole in the new trim. Old one was all cracked so it just pulled right off. One end has the buckle seen in and it doesn't seem like we can get it through without breaking our nice new trim, the other end is in the tensioner/pulley on the floor.

Before I go and take apart the tensioner, is there a better way of doing this I'm too stupid to see?

If you go down that path you will be posting on here for a replacement seat belt. Just cut the B-pillar trim to allow you to slip the belt through it.

taking the tensioner apart is a really bad idea. if you unbolt the belt from the floor will fit fit through the opening that way?

Alright, will cut a slit in it. Kinda sucks since we got it shipped across the ocean new but what can you do. Thanks for the help folks.

Back