• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

The 2018 East vs West Competition.

2 Tracks closing, WOW That's terrible news. What is happening lately? Wednesday nights at the track here in Denver have hundreds of people and sponsored by the local police departments. They hope to keep people from racing on the street. With some success I think. It is also used for a NHRA event, so I think ours is safe. But man, small local tracks are always where the fun is.

I wanted to go again before the end of the year, but since I wrecked my 240 I don't think I have anything that can top my best time from the spring...

Do you have a timeslip for that "hybrid" ?? It's a Chevy with a Volvo engine right? That's doing something right....

went 12.80 without the bottle yesterday in the s10, the PTC converter really helped the 60' out. Had plans to spray it and go 11's but it got sold yesterday

We used to have a monthly 'race the cops' at the track here, same reasoning, and it worked. Now that developers have their heart set on that land though, sure, let's build houses there instead of maintain a legacy.

I'm going to try and go once more this year on the 10th or 27th for a "turbo" entry.

I got my 240 out of storage and put a new clutch disk in it a week or two ago, a 6 puck this time, so it should be more reliable.

Do you have a timeslip for that "hybrid" ?? It's a Chevy with a Volvo engine right? That's doing something right....

The timeslip was in the truck when it went to the new owner, don't have it anymore. Yeah, it was my s10 that had a stock 350k mile b230ft with ebay turbo & header

Went to the track today even though it was sprinkling rain. Racing was supposed to start at 11:00am, but started around 1:30pm.

Got two runs, first time spun the tires bad off the line and second time bogged it.

168220992.jpg
168220981.jpg

Wennstroma Your times have been recorded.

This has been a pretty solid year for participation. It's good to see the strong interest in the ol Volvs.

If you can make it early next month I'll try and get Ryan hammered down and give me a hand tweaking mine a bit, see if I can pull it into the 12's.

Thanks guys! Yeah slicks and open diff. I wish I could build more boost off the launch but the brakes won’t keep the car from moving when I brake boost. I’ve been able to cut 1.8s in the car before. I feel like it should trap more. I want to go faster but I’m not sure what to do next.

Last edited:
Not sure I'll get time to tune and hit the track, need a FUNCTIONAL wideband and a free weekend, only a few weeks of weeknight runs left for the year.

How is my wagon the fastest west coast time for Volvo powered? That's sad.

I'm not sure how to say this, because I am a drag racing novice. But I was able to pull a couple 1.8-1.9s 60's in my only trip to the drag strip in my 2012 civic si with factory all season rubber. I'm not a particularly good driver, and my eighth mile times were much slower then those posted here. I would also expect our rwd volvo's to be able to launch harder then I could make my civic launch. So, what makes it so hard to get a quick launch in these cars?

Check my build thread. Nothing too extravagant, forged bits, valves, cam, tune, exhaust, IC, boost, nice turbo, injectors/amm. The usual 300hp build.

I've managed 2.06 on Potenza's and a 15G, haven't been able to get under 2.0 even with the slicks. Local track doesn't prep worth ****, only other track was PIR and I had a crap tank of 92* and E85 so the car was down a good bit on power so I couldn't stage really hard, but it hooked damn nice.

Back