• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Anyone going to Davis?

gsellstr

Vintage anti-ricer
300+ Club
Just curious how many from the list are going to the VCOA Davis meet. Already got 2 others from my work going. One still has to start and finish his flat-hood conversion...hope he's quick.

I'm there. Already talked with Justin and he, Steve, and myself will meet you in West Sac. Kevin (my brother) will either be riding with me, or if I can convince him, he might bring his brick (83 244Ti). He's embarrsed to show it as it hasn't been washed in a while and has a dent in the door. Oh darn, so it's a daily driver!! I'm still working on getting him to bring it.

wa wa wa i wanted to go this year but hey i have a new job - At last years event my 140 came up for sale so as the new owner I wanted to bring it back.

Tom

I managed to get the weekend off. Don't plan on getting a prize for the car, but hey, it's always worth a shot. Guess that's one of the benefits of having a slightly less-wanted car.

I take it wou weren't there last year or the year before? 02 SVS had their 242 conv. and 245 350 conversion. Last year was the MVP 740 Twin-cam. Think they were right there with you on the 'wild side'. :) Of course, I don't know if anyone got trophies or not as I had to leave early, but hey, ya never know.
Guess I gotta really clean mine up now don't I!!

That's why there's always the next year's show. Give each person the same amount of time to get more done to the car and try to beat the other guy!! Not keeping up with, but rather Beating the jones's

So here's an update...Doug took Best in Class for his 240...Congrats!!! Well-deserved.
A fellow member took 2nd or 3rd on the FWD class.
Not trying to brag, but I took the same for the 122/140/164 class.

There were a lot of NICE cars, guesstimate is around 140 cars were there, including a few of the names everyone likes...IPD, MVP, Vperformance (yes, John had a supercharged P1800 there). So repeats from last year, and many new ones.

Congrats to all who placed!!

Awsome buddy! I didn't even get a chance to chat with you! (We were about 10 minutes behind meeting up with you guys on the caravan).

Great show, not quite as big as last year (ipd couldn't hardly make it, MVP only brought one car and Evolve didn't show up) but still a very well run show.

It WAS great to talk to JP. Probably chatted with him for a good 30 minutes, thats a sharp cat!

Funny, I was talking to him, didn't know who he was until about 10 minute sin, then finally realized. Him and his friend (the owner of the 1800) both seems to be pretty sharp! Guess the 'beater' 1800 is the test dummy, but the owner also has a NICE 1800 as well. He just doesn't want to hurt it while playing with the project car. Go figure.

JP from JP Styling?

Congrats Doug. I'm pissed I missed it this year. I liked IPD's S60 AWD that they had there last year with the body kit. Looked HOT!

Jack

A buddy of mine was one of the last in with his S-70 and his number was 217....

... over 200 cars?

Back