• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

I bought myself presents!

s7726

Just ordered the sport exhaust a k&n filter and poly torque rod bushings from IPD, they should all be here in about a week. Any one interested in install pics for the exhaughst I was thinking about putting together a tutorial type deal.

Gavin
SWEDISH RICE!

LOL:) It was sooo hard to remove my muffler when I tried before my accident. I couldn't even get the nuts undone. So I gave up. . . Oh well. . .

Jack

I have tried disconecting the exhaughst on a dif 240, The nuts on the clamp took a lot of wd40 soaking to break loose and once i did midas had welded the two pipes together (shity). But this muffler isn't midas so hopefully i will be alright, I can just cut it off if I have to, the muffler has a hole in it anyway.

muffler install

The best home DIY method is to just cut off old bolts and exhaust systems. It gets the old nasty crap out of the way
quickly and with less hassle than dealing with rusty bolts that
are holding rusted slip fit pipe.

I use one of the cutters you can get a Pep Boys. They have pipe cutter wheels on them that are replaceable. If the rusty bolts don't just break from you trying to remove them. A grinder makes
short work of them. Now, you can concentrate on install. Original style exhaust usually had a little packet of joint sealer with the kit.

The later cat on the 240s has the rear pipe as part of it. I've never liked that design as much as the earlier two flange cat. That way the bolts are easily cut for a cat back exhaust install.
With the later setup you must deal with a slip fit on an expensive part. Have fun!

Yeah, I was going to do that, but I needed to put it back on to pass smoge and to please my dad. I just wanted to do it for a weekend or something.

Jack

Back