• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

my new cr?

aussyvolvo

Will stalk for money
I know someone told me the original compression ratio of an aq171c, but I for got?

but the more important thing is, I want to know what my new cr is. the head was shot, so I took it to machineists, and they took off 0.015", and I'm getting a generic hg from fcp

I have no idea how to calc this, so help would be cool :)

why wouldn't you be getting a nice Elring gasket? why cheap out and get the knock off?

Seriously.

+

PermatexCopperSpray.png

Or, do it twice...

lol because I live off of governmet payment, and I had to buy quite a bit of stuff, and I spent $700 of my savings having the head machined lol, I did want to go with a high cr one.... but oh well.

lol because I live off of governmet payment, and I had to buy quite a bit of stuff, and I spent $700 of my savings having the head machined lol, I did want to go with a high cr one.... but oh well.

uh an Elring gasket is only $15, why not spend the extra $ on something better?

meh, whatever...

Best ~$5.00 insurance that I have ever bought.

(Works up to 17 PSI - I guarantee it ;-) )

lol oh, I thaught you meant use it as a hg, not with the hg :-P

uh an Elring gasket is only $15, why not spend the extra $ on something better?

because no one I know has had problems with the fcp aftermarket hg, so why toss $5, when I could buy some mcdonalds?

You can find it using an online calculator. Since you have the head off, it would only be a question of measuring stuff. http://www.csgnetwork.com/compcalc.html

omg too many difficult questions!!! :-P I don't have a way to measure this kind of stuff, maybe if I had playdo.... and Piston Deck Clearance is piston top to the top of the cylinders? it sounds like its has to be very accurate? how am I supposed to measure that? and for Compressed Head Gasket Thickness I put 1.1mm? it seems to be the general size I think?

The manufacturer knows (unless they are Chinese 3rd graders) what compressed height is. Yes, your measurements need to be accurate. You use a bore mic. to measure the cylinders and a syringe or beaker or something to cc the combustion chambers. The measuring tools would cost you about 20 times your generic HG so forget that. You could go back to your machine shop and get them to help you out.

If I could make a suggestion, don't rush the job at the expense of parts, prep etc. If you're running out of money, push the project back until you can finish it properly.

Back