• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Window Seal Reinstall

ddininio

Hi,

I've got a '64 122s and I pulled the rear window seals (triangular) to paint the car. Now it's painted, and I need to figure out how to reinstall the seal. It's seems very difficult. Any tips or tricks on how to reinstall the seal without bending the heck out of it?

Dave

The pop open window seals slide onto the body edge if I recall correctly. You could try using soapy water or something like that to help the seal slide on to the opening. Or they may install with the twine and soapy water. You could take a look on youtube at a 60s vw beetle front windshield install to see how the twine and soapy water installation of seals is done.

They are installed using some small diameter rope like a front/rear windshield, but instead of installing from the outside like the front/rear windshields, the 1/4 window seals are installed from the inside with someone pulling the rope from the outside of the car.

Use plenty of pure silicone spray to prevent the seal from tearing.

Back